Zac Taylor

I see him as a late first day draft choice or early second day draft choice. He doesn't have anything that exactly stands out that would translate into the pro game. But he does know a pro system which could be attractive for some teams looking for a backup. It will all depend on how he plays this year.

He is tough and that will get him a look. If he has a decent year this year he will go in the second round. We saw a kid that was bascially running/playing for his life. If the Oline can offer some protection his stock could rise even more. He has the basics and the knowledge of the WCO. I would imagine it will have something to do with what BC says about him to the scouts. I would guess it will be nothing but positive.

With his toughness, and his knowledge of the WCO that is growing every day, I think his stock will rise throughout the season. If he can have a good season with games against the big time opponents he could move up to a third-second round pick. Like Touchdown Tommie said, this will really help pave the way for future qb's. High school players are always looking to get to the NFL, and with Callahan's coaching in the pros, it will help even more.

I apologize for getting technical but I'm compulsive so i must...

When he is drafted he will be the only QB since Vince Ferragamo to actually play QB in the NFL.

When he gets *drafted* he'll be the first Husker QB drafted- as a QB- since Keithen McCant in '92. When he actually *plays* in the NFL he'll be the first since, not Ferragamo, but Bruce Mathison.

according to databasefootball.com Ferragmo's last year in the NFL was in '86; Mathison last played in '87.

So in the mid-80s Nebraska had not one but TWO QBs playing in the NFL... go figure.

FWIW, Husker QBs drafted as QBs since Vince:

1992-Keithen McCant-Cleveland-12th round

1990-Gerry Gdowski-Saints-8th round

1989-Steve Taylor-Colts-12th

1984-Turner Gill-Jets-3rd (supplemental phase)

1983-Bruce Mathison-Chargers-10th

1977-Vince Ferragamo-LA Rams-4th

**Brook would have been another QB draftee in '96. Frazier as well had the blood clots not re-occurred, he likely would have at least been given a shot at QB.

Bold Prediction (or outright guess, whichever wont get flamed as much lol)

As of right now, ZT goes undrafted. If he throws for over 60% and has 3000 yards and say 2.5 to 1 TD/INT ratio he will be a 4th rounder. Another factor is that it depends on who needs a QB, and how strong the draft class will be for QB's.

Is it just me or does ZT have a resemblence to JACK BLACK when he does that face....

Anyways, He gets drafted next year around 4th round. He is a smart guy(plus), he is a tough guy(plus), and he has a nice touch on the ball (plus). But he does lack some arm strength. I know i know, its not all about that and he isn't terrible... he really put some zip on some of the passes last year, i think i remember the last TD toss in the alamo bowl impressing me with his zip.

His numbers will help him out this year, he is in a perfect situation, he has a returning line that should be better, giving us a running threat and more passing protection. i think we will see a play action hail mary or two this season because we actually should be able to. D will bite and line will blobk *better*. Not only that, our WR core lost close to nothing last year and gained a lot. HERIAN! will be back, if nothing else he will be a threat to the other team, but if he is 100% what he used to be, he will be a key part of our offense putting up big numbers. One thing that gives D coordinators a headache is when you have all the other guys covered and there is one lone guy that is trotting down the field wide open (And that guy could be herian....could be lucky..... it could be Purify?) Taylor is surrounded by talent.... he will have good numbers and i think that should be almost given.

I think Herian will be the big question mark. If he can get back to where he was a couple of years ago, he can be an All-American because of the offense he is in now. He could have his first season in the WCO, but Dailey and his injury eventually hurt him.

So if he can get back, and Purify is the real deal(which I think he is), Taylor will be putting up big numbers this year, as long as the line holds up.