2021 JUCO PG Elbert “El” Ellis [Louisville Commit]

https://stockrisers.com/2020/04/09/juco-el-ellis-one-of-the-top-rated-jucos-in-the-country-talks-recruitment/

Doesn’t even mention us:

Ellis has drawn himself a national recruitment that I don’t expect to slow down anytime soon. 

“Iowa State, NC State, Louisville, Wake Forest, UConn, ECU, New Mexico, Wichita State, Ole Miss,” are amongst those involved for Ellis.

Those with new interest include Florida State and Maryland. With everything going on, I expect schools to get a deeper look at Ellis and more offers will likely go out to him.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, lionsfan93 said:

Except Ellis is class of '21. Can you imagine the shooting combination of him and Keisei? 

I just think that El was a plan B and Sanogo is where there sights went.  If we get Sanago, we have 1 scholarship after next year.  This would be a good place for a transfer who has to sit out, since there will be 4  maybe 5 Sr. on the team. 

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I just think that El was a plan B and Sanogo is where there sights went.  If we get Sanago, we have 1 scholarship after next year.  This would be a good place for a transfer who has to sit out, since there will be 4  maybe 5 Sr. on the team. 

We will be dealing with attrition every year. Obviously not as bad as this year, but attrition will be a part of life. If we land Sanago, we will have Ouedraugo, Cross and Sanago. Someone will be low man on the totem pole, and I expect that one to move on. We also will have to start getting used to the idea of guys leaving early for the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if Banton was one of those guys.

I promise you that we will have more than 1 open scholarship for next year. 

3 minutes ago, lionsfan93 said:

We will be dealing with attrition every year. Obviously not as bad as this year, but attrition will be a part of life. If we land Sanago, we will have Ouedraugo, Cross and Sanago. Someone will be low man on the totem pole, and I expect that one to move on. We also will have to start getting used to the idea of guys leaving early for the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if Banton was one of those guys.

I promise you that we will have more than 1 open scholarship for next year. 

Banton will be the best player on the team next year and Cross is that mismatch that Fred likes, a PF who can handle the ball.  The only player I see possibly leaving next year might be Arop.  Fred is starting to get his roster management under control.  He likes transfers as they have to sit out & learn for a year.  

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Banton will be the best player on the team next year and Cross is that mismatch that Fred likes, a PF who can handle the ball.  The only player I see possibly leaving next year might be Arop.  Fred is starting to get his roster management under control.  He likes transfers as they have to sit out & learn for a year.  

I think attrition will be a part of his roster management, just like it was this year. Burke, Green and Mack all leaving were ultimately Fred's decisions. I think we wanted Arop to probably move on too, but Arop doesn't want to move on. I'm calling my shot now - Cross will not finish his career as a Husker. 

Just now, lionsfan93 said:

I think attrition will be a part of his roster management, just like it was this year. Burke, Green and Mack all leaving were ultimately Fred's decisions. I think we wanted Arop to probably move on too, but Arop doesn't want to move on. I'm calling my shot now - Cross will not finish his career as a Husker. 

What happened to your earlier prediction of Banton?  Arop was going to leave and Fred talked him out of it.  Yes he wants to be close to home, but he also wants to play more.  Cross is the type of player Fred likes.  Now if he gets in Fred's dog house that's another thing, but after this year with the suspensions & players moving on I think they get the picture.   I'm sticking with Arop.  The big difference in college sports is the fact they can play almost anywhere and get noticed.  Good Freshman do not want to red-shirt and you can not play 13 guys on a regular basis.  If you get transfers that sit out, its like getting a red-shirt with a resume.

53 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Cross is the type of player Fred likes.

I see Cross being a point forward.  If not next year, certainly by his junior year.  He already showed some of that this year.  He needs to work on decision making and shot consistency.  Both are things he can work on this summer if social distancing restrictions are loosened.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

What happened to your earlier prediction of Banton?  Arop was going to leave and Fred talked him out of it.  Yes he wants to be close to home, but he also wants to play more.  Cross is the type of player Fred likes.  Now if he gets in Fred's dog house that's another thing, but after this year with the suspensions & players moving on I think they get the picture.   I'm sticking with Arop.  The big difference in college sports is the fact they can play almost anywhere and get noticed.  Good Freshman do not want to red-shirt and you can not play 13 guys on a regular basis.  If you get transfers that sit out, its like getting a red-shirt with a resume.

1. Never predicted anything with Banton. I said I wouldn't be surprised if he had a great year and jumped to the league. I still stand by that.

2. Cross is a good player, but I just don't see him making the necessary jump to be the kind of player that Fred likes. I don't think he has the athleticism. That's why I believe he will be behind Banton, Stevenson, Walker, Ouedraugo and Sanogo, if we land him of course. 

3. I won't be surprised if Arop moves on after this year, but I think Fred would have liked him gone this year. Arop just didn't take the bait. 

4. I agree that sit-transfers will be a key to roster management. We agree here. I just think that we will also see attrition every year too. Its just a part of the game now.

12 hours ago, lionsfan93 said:

1. Never predicted anything with Banton. I said I wouldn't be surprised if he had a great year and jumped to the league. I still stand by that.

2. Cross is a good player, but I just don't see him making the necessary jump to be the kind of player that Fred likes. I don't think he has the athleticism. That's why I believe he will be behind Banton, Stevenson, Walker, Ouedraugo and Sanogo, if we land him of course. 

3. I won't be surprised if Arop moves on after this year, but I think Fred would have liked him gone this year. Arop just didn't take the bait. 

4. I agree that sit-transfers will be a key to roster management. We agree here. I just think that we will also see attrition every year too. Its just a part of the game now.

Wow 

24 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Wow 

Lol What? We have differing opinions. Nothing wrong with that and is the beauty of this board - good discussion.

What did I say that was so awe-inspiring? That I think Cross lacks elite athleticism? I really don't think that is that outlandish. Is he a skilled big? Yes. But I don't think he is the kind of athlete that a skilled forward needs to be what Fred likes. Oh, I also forgot about Lat Mayen. I think Cross will be behind him too.