The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

29 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

How many of those vaccinated work in facilities that can easily administer a vaccine? How many of those vaccinated are incredibly high risk and eager for a shot?

It's going to get a hell of a lot harder to vaccinate 1 million Americans in any given day when you are trying to get the general public at large to do this. You are fighting exponentially more complicated logistics, peoples' work schedules, accessibility concerns, and perhaps biggest of all, the apathy and beliefs of the American people.

Let's set aside the tens of millions of anti-science and political cultists and use me as an example. I'm 29 years old, work M-F 8-5, haven't seen a doctor since I was 18 because I have zero health concerns, no one I know has had even minor complications from the virus, and I've welcomed contracting Covid just for the break from work. I'm not afraid of this thing at all. How do you convince me to get the vaccine? I believe that I will be just fine without it and don't particularly care to use my limited free time or PTO to go do something I don't have to. Are you expecting me to get this shot TWICE just to help some faceless people?

I will be getting the vaccine when I can, because I do understand the importance despite lack of personal fear of the virus. I imagine it will be relatively easy whenever that time may come, given that I live in the Twin Cities. There will probably be several vaccination sites that are convenient for me. What about those who don't live in a major metropolitan area? How do you effectively roll this out to rural America given the specialized storage and transportation needs of the vaccine? How do you convince those isolated people to get vaccinated?

I really wish you'd think critically about the issues we face as a nation instead of just spewing s#!t everywhere.

Well, it is being rolled out in rural America already.  

you obviously know nothing about how people currently get vaccinated 

Im not expecting you to do anything.  You are 29 and in good health. You are last to go for the needle.  

Now the good part. 

3 million people get the flu shot in a single day during flu season.  Moderna is cold storage, not deep freeze.  All kinds of clinics and pharmacies already have sub zero freezers.  JJ  in Feb has zero of those concerns and JJ is one injection with a longer shelf life and 100 million doses by April.  

It would be nice if you knew more before trying to dunk on another poster. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I have these questions as well. I have lots of family in the North Central part of the State. They live in the Sandhills in small towns that have not been impacted much, and virtually no one wears a mask. How does the vaccine get to them, and (in their minds) why would they take it?

The LJS said to check county health departments for availability.  In KS it’s the same.  County by County 

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think a few places just started to open back up!  Which is good.

And not counting my gym, I don't know a single place in NE that is not masking.

You guys?

Madsen's Bowling Alley on 48th isn't.

Danny's Deli at 10th & O wasn't before they went out of business (owner retired after 20 years).

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Madsen's Bowling Alley on 48th isn't.

Danny's Deli at 10th & O wasn't before they went out of business (owner retired after 20 years).

So between us (two super popular young ladies), we know of 3 places.  If I count the other gyms that are under my gyms name in Omaha that is 3 gyms, a deli that is closed and a bowling alley.

My bank, doesn't even let us in (but truth be told, for a long time they did not let me in because I had no money there) but only drive-thru.  

Anyone other places?  I think Hy-Vee is maskless, maybe?

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Link

whitehouse.gov and Coumo Primetime.  Should be easy to find for you.  

39 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Come to Florida...we shutdown for a few weeks back at the beginning and we've been open ever since.

Cause you have a great Governor. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that they waited until after Biden was in office to open things back up in Michigan and California. The virus is as prevalent as ever in this country.

So everything is a conspiracy against Republicans, and they didn't consult healthcare officials.  Cool. 

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So everything is a conspiracy against Republicans, and they didn't consult healthcare officials.  Cool. 

Nah. You don't get to excuse this kind of blatant political posturing away as right wing theories.... And get out of here with the "whataboutisms", I never said it excused the Trump administrations clear incompetence.

• Plus1 2