The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

A little sore in the arm when I got up this morning.  Otherwise nothing else.   The nurse told my wife and I that the 2nd shot is when we might really 'feel something'. 

She, herself, said she felt flu like symptoms and muscle soreness after the 2nd shot but not bad enough where she could go to work.  Our younger son, who is a physical therapist in the same hospital gets his second shot in a week.  So we'll have a better idea in talking to him.

Thanks for asking.   Nothing to fear - except long lines - we waited 2 hours.

I'd rather have the muscle aches and flu symptoms for a day or two after the 2nd shot than have this garbage for two weeks. I'm just now feeling better after testing positive last week. Just sitting upright in a chair has been a struggle for more than a week. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'd rather have the muscle aches and flu symptoms for a day or two after the 2nd shot than have this garbage for two weeks. I'm just now feeling better after testing positive last week. Just sitting upright in a chair has been a struggle for more than a week. 

Sorry to hear you got it.  I noticed that you weren't as active on HB and hope all was well.  Glad you are doing better.    So what were your worse symptoms and how soon did they set in?

A person here at work was sick wt covid and had flu like symptoms and a high temp for 10+ days. She was taking Tylenol for the flu like symptoms.  She didn't want to go to the hospital but was struggling at home.  Her sister, a nurse, said that Tylenol makes the covid symptoms worse.  She stopped taking it and the next morning she was over the flu symptoms.   

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yikes! Must have missed that...

Hope you are well quickly. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Sorry to hear you got it.  I noticed that you weren't as active on HB and hope all was well.  Glad you are doing better.    So what were your worse symptoms and how soon did they set in?

Head to toe body aches, racking cough, sinus congestion, extreme fatigue, headaches. Last Friday I lost my sense of smell and mostly taste. That still isn't back. 

I didn't have a fever, though. No chills, no ague like you get with the flu. It's a weird disease that seems to hit everyone just a little different. 

The worst part, for me, has been the exhaustion & the cough. Those two alone convince me I never want this again.

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Yikes! Must have missed that...

Hope you are well quickly. 

Thank you. I haven't talked about it here until today. 

My lone suggestion to anyone wavering - get the vaccine. Don't go through this if you don't have to. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Head to toe body aches, racking cough, sinus congestion, extreme fatigue, headaches. Last Friday I lost my sense of smell and mostly taste. That still isn't back. 

I didn't have a fever, though. No chills, no ague like you get with the flu. It's a weird disease that seems to hit everyone just a little different. 

The worst part, for me, has been the exhaustion & the cough. Those two alone convince me I never want this again.

Thank you. I haven't talked about it here until today. 

My lone suggestion to anyone wavering - get the vaccine. Don't go through this if you don't have to. 

Yes, another co-worker and his wife got it and he said the lingering fatigue is still with them but getting better.   It took a while for the taste and smell to come back.

Joe goes to war against Covid

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/biden-presidency-day-one-2021-01-21/

In remarks announcing his federal strategy for combating to the coronavirus crisis, Mr. Biden laid out in stark terms the challenges before the nation in the ongoing fight against the coronavirus, indicating the death toll is likely to surpass 500,000.

"Let me be clear," Mr. Biden said during the event at the White House. "Things are going to continue to get worse before they get better."

The president rolled out his plan for the federal response to the pandemic, a focal point of which involves exercising his executive authority to ramp up production of vaccines, testing supplies and personal protective equipment. Mr. Biden signed 10 executive orders as part of his plan.

"Our national strategy is comprehensive," he said, flanked by Vice President Kamala Harris and Fauci. "It's based on science, not politics."

The president has been clear that confronting the coronavirus pandemic and its economic impacts is his top priority now that has taken the reins of the federal government and has put forth a $1.9 trillion relief measure designed to assist with those efforts.

"It's going to take months for us to turn this around," Mr. Biden said.

Two key pillars of his strategy involve vaccinations and mask-wearing, and Mr. Biden has challenged the American people to wear face-coverings for at least his first 100 days in office. 

While the Trump administration laid the groundwork for development and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines through Operation Warp Speed, Mr. Biden said "the brutal truth is it's going to take months" before the majority of Americans are vaccinated. 

"This is a wartime undertaking," Mr. Biden said, noting the number of Americans who have died from COVID-19, more than 408,000, is more than those who died during all of World War II. 

• Plus1 2