The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

There also isn’t any evidence to show vaccinated people are at much of a risk of either getting Covid (roughly 5%) or passing Covid.  So I’m not sure your point. 

The efficacy rate isn't for preventing Covid. It's for preventing bad symptoms. They don't know the efficacy rate for actually preventing infection yet.

Regardless, Occam's Razor says trust the scientists about science, not the politicians. It's downright stupid to take Rand Paul's word over a scientist. That doesn't mean we should never question the science, but there should be some knowledge of science backing up that questioning.

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Sure you are. You responded to it.

But then you hedged with "where is (sic) makes sense" and here we are.

I haven’t been vaccinated yet.  So yes, I wear mask where it makes sense.  Your just talking in circles and trying to find an exit ramp.   

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

This turning it into the common cold like other known coronaviruses.  Hate to break it to you but society isn’t wearing masks forever.  

I'm not sure why you think you're breaking anything to me. People need to get vaccinated. The decision on opening things up completely and having mask burnings will be based on case, hospitalization, and death rates. And, as I already said, the efficacy rate for preventing infection is unknown. It could still be high. They just need to wait on more data to know that.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Is the MMR vaccine efficacious enough that you wander through society not worried about measles mumps or rubella?

These aren't apples to apples comparisons, as almost the entire population has been vaccinated for MMR and the case rate is miniscule. 5% is high when lots of people could potentially be transmitting it. That isn't the case with MMR.

• Plus1 4

3 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Look if you don't want to answer it or you can't answer it, just say so. No need to constantly play the deflection game. 

I just answered 

2 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

What source is this from?

State of Kansas

2 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

What source is this from?

It’s in the thread

• Plus1 1