The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Outside and not right next to someone for a prolonged period of time, inside my home and 6 feel away from a friend or neighbor, with my immediate family in my home, with my extended family when they are asymptomatic or have already had the disease and recovered or vaccinated, when I’m alone in my car or with my family, in my hotel rooms.  

I presume you can quickly provide links to the science which shows that you're not going to spread or contract the disease in these circumstances?

Clinically recognizable disease.  That was/is the primary endpoint for the Pfizer and Moderna trials.  We can’t say for sure that the 90-95% who got the vaccine and have thus far been negative for this endpoint didn’t at some point contract a mild case post-vaccination.    Since we can’t say for sure that those with mild COVID don’t shed active virus, we still wear masks.  Likely until herd immunity is achieved.  

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Outside and not right next to someone for a prolonged period of time, inside my home and 6 feel away from a friend or neighbor, with my immediate family in my home, with my extended family when they are asymptomatic or have already had the disease and recovered or vaccinated, when I’m alone in my car or with my family, in my hotel rooms.  

Have people been telling you to wear a mask in these settings?

It's now required that everyone in Californiamust wear a mask or face covering when outside of their home, with limited exceptions.

You're gonna have to give me more than that. That's pretty vague. 

Also, we all know California sucks. And I didn't realize you lived in that god awful state.

7 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

You're gonna have to give me more than that. That's pretty vague. 

Also, we all know California sucks. And I didn't realize you lived in that god awful state.

Doesn’t sound vague and I don’t live in CA, but they are telling me to do it if I go there 

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So, no science to back any of that up, @Archy1221

Any of what?   CDC recommends social distancing and masks in poorly ventilated areas when in contact with someone for 15 minutes or more to prevent possible spread.  

What are you actually looking for?  

I told you were I wear masks and when I don’t based on what make sense to me and nature of respiratory diseases.  It almost follows the CDC to a T.  I don’t feel the need to wear a mask when I’m in a private setting and 6 feet beyond someone who has no obvious signs of disease.   Beyond that I can’t help you.  

• Plus1 2

What are you actually looking for?  

A link to the science that supports your beliefs about where you don't have to wear masks after vaccination.

It doesn't exist, and that post earlier was an opinion. As I pointed out earlier, there isn't sufficient science to show we can forego masks in any setting after vaccination yet.

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

A link to the science that supports your beliefs about where you don't have to wear masks after vaccination.

It doesn't exist, and that post earlier was an opinion. As I pointed out earlier, there isn't sufficient science to show we can forego masks in any setting after vaccination yet.

There also isn’t any evidence to show vaccinated people are at much of a risk of either getting Covid (roughly 5%) or passing Covid.  So I’m not sure your point. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

There also isn’t any evidence to show vaccinated people are at much of a risk of either getting Covid (roughly 5%) or passing Covid.  So I’m not sure your point.

Sure you are. You responded to it.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

So you'll be cool to keep wearing a mask until all the data is in and we know about reinfection rates.

Cool.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I haven’t been infected yet that I know of and won’t be eligible to be vaccinated till late spring from the looks of things.  I’m cool wearing a mask till then.  
Im also cool wearing a mask at work until my company or customers till me it’s not necessary in their clinics.  I’m also cool with wearing a mask in any store that mandates it.  

All the data will never be in until the virus is eradicated, but I will be happy with most current data published 

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Awesome. I think everyone's going to appreciate your pro-mask stance going forward. You're a good person.

But then you hedged with "where is (sic) makes sense" and here we are.

• Plus1 1