The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I posted a tweet that has a link straight to entire local news story so people can read it for themselves.  

you could have posted the story without the illinois state GOP take on the story...but you chose to let their commentary be the lead.   and it portrayed a not accurate take on the story.    grats...you got played by the illinois state GOP.

• Plus1 4
10 minutes ago, commando said:

you could have posted the story without the illinois state GOP take on the story...but you chose to let their commentary be the lead.   and it portrayed a not accurate take on the story.    grats...you got played by the illinois state GOP.

I disagree.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

What's the deal with Kansas? 

Every time I check the Coronavirus Tracker, Kansas is way up there in cases and deaths, well ahead of  much more populous states.

I don't see any news stories mentioning this like they did the Dakotas. Does Nebraska media cover or explain the Kansas surge? 

They only report on certain days of the week 

• Plus1 1

I really love it when smart people do smart things.

This is pretty well out of my field of strength so forgive me for not much detail or a mistake, but as I understand it the mRNA knowledge gained from the rapid Covid vaccine development is showing promising results for other medical issues that they have struggled to develop treatments for. Covid has pushed mRNA research to the front of the line and could be such a bright spot to gain from this Covid mess.

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Her reasoning is basically the same as giving methadone to heroin addicts.

Per Block Club Chicago, Mayor Lightfoot said she is “very, very focused” on getting bars and restaurants open, and pointed out that they can be operated more safely for patrons than the underground parties that have proliferated in shutdown.

“If we have people and give them an outlet for entertainment … we have much more of an opportunity, in my view, to be able to regulate and control that environment,” Lightfoot said. “Let’s bring it out of the shadows. Let’s allow them to have some recreation in restaurants, in bars, where we can actually work with responsible owners and managers to regulate and protect people from COVID-19.”

And sad, and a little amazing, that we can't just lock down like we're supposed to.

• Haha 1