Progressive politics and where they go from here

I hate progress and advancements. I love paying a higher portion of my income than Jeff Bezos while he buys his 100th million dollar house. I want to use fossil fuels til the end of time, even if other countries advance their technology to renewable energy. I want my kids to pay even more for college than I did and be in debt for the rest of their lives. If my grandkids have diabetes, I think they should pull themselves up by their bootstraps in order to afford insulin! And dont even get me started if I have any family members that are gay! I love people lining up for food and losing their houses during a pandemic while corporations get trillions of dollars and still fire their staff. These people just need to work five minimum wage jobs and they will be fine! Im a christian conservative!

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

I hate progress and advancements. I love paying a higher portion of my income than Jeff Bezos while he buys his 100th million dollar house. I want to use fossil fuels til the end of time, even if other countries advance their technology to renewable energy. I want my kids to pay even more for college than I did and be in debt for the rest of their lives. If my grandkids have diabetes, I think they should pull themselves up by their bootstraps in order to afford insulin! And dont even get me started if I have any family members that are gay! I love people lining up for food and losing their houses during a pandemic while corporations get trillions of dollars and still fire their staff. These people just need to work five minimum wage jobs and they will be fine! Im a christian conservative!

Society sure would stink if people actually thought that way.  Must be the next dystopian trilogy book series 

• Plus1 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Pretty much the entire post 

Oh...this one?

On 12/12/2020 at 9:28 AM, Frott Scost said:

Well....I personally know people who would be pissed if Biden tried raising taxes on Jeff Bezos even though they pay a larger share of their income than he does.

I personally know people who are very upset that the Democrats would have the audacity to think about developing alternative fuels because they think fossil fuels are the only way to go.

I know people who are pissed at Democrats for even thinking about trying to help kids pay for college.

I know LOTS of people who are pissed that Democrats would even think about trying to form a healthcare system that reduces costs like other countries have.  I even had someone flat out tell me one time...I do NOT want to have to pay for someone else's healthcare.  Pssst....this guy was on Medicare.

I know people who are pissed that Democrats want to help more people during the pandemic but are LOVING their business's getting help.

So...pardon me if I ask again....what nonsense are you talking about?  

Interestingly, all these come from Trump loving Republicans.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh...this one?

Well....I personally know people who would be pissed if Biden tried raising taxes on Jeff Bezos even though they pay a larger share of their income than he does.

What is Bezo’s tax rate?  
Do your people REALLY care about Jeff Bezo’s or do they just not believe in raises taxes in general? 

I personally know people who are very upset that the Democrats would have the audacity to think about developing alternative fuels because they think fossil fuels are the only way to go.

Are they really?  Or do they just not want to find Solara type subsidies anymore?  What’s their thoughts on Nuclear? And I know your just being silly with this because DEMOCRATS as a party don’t actually develop any technology.  People ,companies and Govt agencies do. 

I know people who are pissed at Democrats for even thinking about trying to help kids pay for college.

If they don’t believe in Pell Grants and Scholarships then who cares.  That makes them clowns anyways. If they don’t want to pay for someone’s student loan so it can be cancelled, well then I’m right there with them. 

I know LOTS of people who are pissed that Democrats would even think about trying to form a healthcare system that reduces costs like other countries have.  I even had someone flat out tell me one time...I do NOT want to have to pay for someone else's healthcare.  Pssst....this guy was on Medicare.Pssst....they paid into the Medicare system for future use. No different than paying into UHC or BCBS just that they use the benefits at the time they pay into it.  

I know people who are pissed that Democrats want to help more people during the pandemic but are LOVING their business's getting help.Then those people suck.   350 million people in society, it tends to happen 

So...pardon me if I ask again....what nonsense are you talking about?  The whole post.  I do love the whole “ I know many people who” though. 

Interestingly, all these come from Trump loving Republicans.I assumed this or you wouldn’t post it  

Congratulations!   The whole post was still nonsense and the  people you are referring to are nonsense also. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Congratulations!   The whole post was still nonsense and the  people you are referring to are nonsense also. 

Hmmmm...interesting.

Trump campaigned on just about every single one of those points and Trumpees, like you, ate it up.

I agree.  Trump, his worshipers and his stance on issues are "nonsense".

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Never mind, can’t post it all.  Won’t take the file. 

You can post a link.

And his argument that tuition will never come down is separate from loan forgiveness. We can do more than one thing at a time. Loan forgiveness AND tuition cost reductions AND regulate lenders, etc.