The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Millions of people are going to vote for this guy.

It's why the political choices of millions of people need to be laughed at and discarded completely. Voters aren't equipped to think and fill in a tiny bubble at the same time. 

I mean, we can't start making some sort of voting prerequisite laws but I do get what you are saying.

I still think we need to lower the  voting age to 16, I think getting the chance to vote while still in HS would create more life long voters and HOPEFULLY voters that are more rational

I also saw someone mention just having the names of the people without their political affiliation listed and I thought that was interesting. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Millions of people are going to vote for this guy.

It's why the political choices of millions of people need to be laughed at and discarded completely. Voters aren't equipped to think and fill in a tiny bubble at the same time. 

he is more than a few fries short of a happy meal

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, commando said:

he is more than a few fries short of a happy meal

I have not heard that one before!  I am going to use that.

You notice how you never really see his "crowds" anymore, I feel like they are getting smaller and smaller because lord knows if they were big crowds, he would make sure everyone saw it.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I have not heard that one before!  I am going to use that.

You notice how you never really see his "crowds" anymore, I feel like they are getting smaller and smaller because lord knows if they were big crowds, he would make sure everyone saw it.

Actually Commando may not have ordered one lately but you can order a happy meal with double apples and zero fries.   Maybe say combo meal. 

• Plus1 1

2 things about this short story that are just wrong:  1. The obvious - Always mute the phone when you pee :zoom:flush

#2.  Vivek doing an interview with Alex Jones and Musk.  Musk has revealed himself as an unstable nut job but more importantly - Alex Jones is a barometer to who Vivek really is.   In the last debate, VR went into all kinds of conspiracy theories.  What is next?  Does he get on the Alex Jones wagon and tell us that Sandy Hook was a myth?

Can't believe anyone willing to be interviewed by Alex Jones is on a major party debate floor. 

https://www.mediaite.com/news/hot-mic-catches-vivek-ramaswamy-using-bathroom-during-x-spaces-livestream-with-elon-musk-and-alex-jones-hope-you-feel-better-now/

Vivek Ramaswamy forgot to mute himself in the bathroom while on an X Spaces livestream with Elon Musk, Alex Jones and a slew of other right-wing personalities.

The presidential candidate joined the stream (heh) featuring Musk interviewing Jones following his return to the platform. The conservation eventually divulged into other members in the call praising the billionaire while discussing depopulation and political censorship.

However, as Musk and Jones were in the middle of talking, audio could be heard coming from Ramaswamy’s phone with him in the bathroom, prompting Jones and others to point it out.

“Someone’s got their thing open peeing! Someone’s got their phone open in the bathroom,” Jones exclaimed as Musk could be heard laughing in the background.

The host of the call, Mario Nawfal, then informed Ramaswamy to turn off his microphone because he cannot mute him. Ramaswamy then turned off his microphone before coming back and apologizing for the interruption. Musk responded with laughter to the interruption telling Ramaswamy he hope he feels “better now.”

• Oh Yeah! 1

Romney believes only Haley has a chance of beating Trump.   He'd prefer Christie  and on the Dem side - he'd prefer Joe  -  Joe Manchin that is. 

I agree with the last sentence in bold below.   

https://thehill.com/elections/4352464-romney-says-haley-only-one-that-has-a-shot-to-beat-trump/

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) said in a Sunday interview that 2024 GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley is the “only one that has a shot” at beating former President Trump for the Republican nomination, but he declined to endorse any candidate specifically.

“Well, because if I endorsed them, that would be the kiss of death. I’m not going to do that,” Romney said, laughing, on NBC News’s “Meet the Press” when asked why he has not endorsed anyone in the GOP race yet. “Shall I endorse the person I like least right now?”

Romney praised former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s performance, but he suggested it’s pretty clear Christie does not have a strong chance at the nomination, as opposed to Haley, who might.

“I’m not gonna be endorsing President Trump, obviously. I’ve made that very clear. Look, Chris Christie has done a terrific job so far. I think his being in the race has kept Donald Trump from coming to the debates, because I think Donald Trump recognized if he went to the debate with Chris Christie, Chris Christie would reveal him for what he was. And Trump would be badly hurt. So he stayed out,” Romney said about Christie.

“Nikki Haley, she’s rising. Right now, I think she’s the only one that has a shot at becoming the nominee other than President Trump. It’s a long shot on her part, but she’s the one that has a shot. So we’ll see,” he said.

Romney sharply criticized President Biden’s policies and frequently dodged questions on how he would vote in a head-to-head match-up between Biden and Trump, but he noted that he’s “not going to describe who I’ll rule out other than President Trump.”

“Well, the Joe I would like to vote for is Joe Manchin,” Romney said, referring to the conservative Democratic senator from West Virginia. On whether he thinks Manchin would run, he said, “No I don’t, but I wish he would. I wish he’d be the Democratic nominee.”

On the theoretical Trump-Biden rematch, Romney said, “You have a setting where you have someone who’s too old, and someone else who’s a little too nutty. And where are you going to vote on that basis? And by the way, in my view, bad policy we can overcome as a country. We have in the past. Bad character is something which is very difficult to overcome.”

• Plus1 2

Another one of those - 'way to early' polls but regardless it isn't good news for Biden.  It is good news for Haley if she can overcome Trump.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/shock-poll-nikki-haley-absolutely-wrecks-biden-by-whopping-17-points-and-trump-tops-biden-by-4/

The odds may still be stacked against her in the Republican primary. But should former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley capture the nomination, a stunning new poll suggests the general election would be a cakewalk for her.

According to a new poll from the Wall Street Journal out Saturday, Haley — in a hypothetical one-on-one matchup with President Joe Biden — currently has a remarkable 17-point lead, 51-34. Should the matchup materialize and the margin hold, it would represent the largest winning general margin since 1984 — when former President Ronald Reagan topped Walter Mondale by 18 points.

Of course, in order for that matchup to happen, Haley would have to beat former President Donald Trump in the Republican primary — and the most recent polls still show her trailing in that contest by 40 points or more.

While the Journal poll makes Haley an overwhelming favorite against Biden, it also shows former President Donald Trump faring well in his own right. The survey gives Trump a 4-point advantage over Biden, 47-43. It even finds that if Trump were convicted of a felony (he has been charged with 91 felony counts in four criminal prosecutions), he would still only trail Biden by a single point. The poll puts Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) dead even with Biden at 45-45.

The Journal poll shows President Biden’s approval rating at an all-time low of 37 percent, compared to the 61 percent of respondents who have an unfavorable view of the president.

• Haha 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election