Biden's America

22 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So...you're going back almost 3 years.  Absolutely nobody argued that inflation wasn't a big deal a couple years ago.  Some are willing to see that it's come down drastically pretty much to the target level.  

The average household income is $74,000.  Assuming inflation was exactly the same over those three years, the additional annual income would be $3,811 per year.  That's 5% per year.  Is there anyone arguing that over some of these years inflation wasn't more than 5%.

This isn't the "gotcha" you think it is.

• TBH 2
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...you're going back almost 3 years.  Absolutely nobody argued that inflation wasn't a big deal a couple years ago.  Some are willing to see that it's come down drastically pretty much to the target level.  

The average household income is $74,000.  Assuming inflation was exactly the same over those three years, the additional annual income would be $3,811 per year.  That's 5% per year.  Is there anyone arguing that over some of these years inflation wasn't more than 5%.

The other problem with his poor argument is the idea that it's Biden's fault.

Inflation as going to happen no matter what. This idea that if Trump won a second term, that inflation would've stayed at 2% while the entire rest of the global economy jumped to 10% is just stupid. 

But I don't expect critical thinking to be part of their voting or political process. It might reveal some dangerous and uncomfortable realizations once they do. 

• TBH 3
3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Inflation as going to happen no matter what. This idea that if Trump won a second term, that inflation would've stayed at 2% while the entire rest of the global economy jumped to 10% is just stupid. 

It's one of the dumbest arguments for pro-Trump/anti-Biden there is.....but they keep trying with it.

Sad thing is....I think they actually believe it.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's one of the dumbest arguments for pro-Trump/anti-Biden there is.....but they keep trying with it.

Sad thing is....I think they actually believe it.

They do. 

And the other thing people, if the cost of living actually went up a net of $11k over 3 years for the average household, we'd be living through a financial crisis worse than 2008.

The "average" family already owns a home, refinanced and now has a mortgage at 3% and isn't being subjected to the sky high housing costs used to calculate that number. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...you're going back almost 3 years

So…I’m not, CBSNews is. 

Some are willing to see that it's come down drastically pretty much to the target level.  

Great, but some are willing to acknowledge inflation is compounding causing the decrease in buying power if wages don’t keep up. 

LOL…what??

Again, it’s a CBSNews report.   There is no “gotcha” :facepalm:

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t think CBSNews is trying to be pro Trump/antiBig Guy but I could be wrong I guess :dunno

You are aware that CBSNews is just reporting numbers from Republican members of the Senate, right? They didn't do the analysis themselves. It's in the article:

The analysis, from Republican members of the U.S. Senate Joint Economic Committee, taps government data such as the Consumer Price Index and Consumer Expenditure Survey to examine the impact of inflation state by state.

The only possible way an American family has an 11k cost of living increase is if they both took out an expensive mortgage at the highest rates possible, took out an auto loan at the highest rates possible while simultaneously only buying energy for said home and car at the highest possible price. 

The Senate committee also can't really point to any specific Biden policies that accounts for the $11k number specified. Funny. 

• Plus1 3
25 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The only possible way an American family has an 11k cost of living increase is if they both took out an expensive mortgage at the highest rates possible, took out an auto loan at the highest rates possible while simultaneously only buying energy for said home and car at the highest possible price. 

LOL…..

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes, but one would assume they vet what they report on:thumbs

It's literally in the news article. They're just repeating what Senate Republicans are saying. 

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

LOL…..

I mean, do you actually think the average American household is experiencing $11,400 in additional expenses? What's your mortgage rate and is it lower than what it was in early 2020?

9 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

's literally in the news article. They're just repeating what Senate Republicans are saying. 

Correct, with zero fact checks that I saw :dunno

10 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I mean, do you actually think the average American household is experiencing $11,400 in additional expenses? What's your mortgage rate and is it lower than what it was in early 2020?

My expenses have gone up more than $1,000 per month and no I haven’t refied as I have three years left.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1