Penn State Week Pressers

knapplc

A lot of interesting things in Frost's presser.

• Mentioned needing quicker decisions from Martinez, which I think most of us would've pointed to as well.
  • Said McCaffrey got us into the wrong thing on first and goal from the 2 - that play ended up a 4-5 yard loss I think. He didn't say this, but probably some of the reason he's not the starter. But also continued talking about his spark and energy.
  • Did point out NW probably has the best defense in the league, but a lot of individual mistakes breaking plays in the red zone.
  • Called it one of Farniok's best games as a Husker, which I can't say I noticed. But I do think a lot of their TFLs came off the edge, and outside of some slow snaps and the false start I didn't notice him - which is alright for an interior lineman.
  • Again mentioned the fact that a lot of the young receivers hadn't been healthy/available consistently through camp. Says they're all being fast tracked now, and I get the sense he doesn't love rolling out Warner/Falck/Liewer any more than we do. So I'm hoping we're seeing the start of the shift there - I think Warner can play, but if he's the best outside receiving threat on the field we have problems. 
  • Said they've had a lot of plays designed for Wan'Dale that haven't panned out, so need to do a better job of creating those. 
  • Plus1 2

55 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Said McCaffrey got us into the wrong thing on first and goal from the 2 - that play ended up a 4-5 yard loss I think. He didn't say this, but probably some of the reason he's not the starter. But also continued talking about his spark and energy.

Well, well, well...

So there you go. The fan's favorite player (the backup QB) gets a chance and gets us into the wrong formation on the two yard line. This actually makes me feel just a little bit better, because it looked like our line didn't make an effort to block, but now there seems to be a better explanation.

To the bold, Husker in WI - bingo.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1