Frost Staff Changes

10 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Yeah sure they're not, not message boards, not the guys making YouTube videos, not his old buddies at the Red Sea Scrolls, and definitely not the sports writers who write down everything you say. You should try gaslighting sometime.

Frost doesn't read message boards. No sports writer has advocated for coaching changes. College coaches don't give a s#!t what people are saying on message boards. 

• Plus1 2

Just $0.02....

I think we need to separate defensive play calling and scheme from the talent.

What I believe I saw was:

1. Veteran QB who showed up and was dropping dimes all day long.

2. One opposing WR we had no answer for at cornerback.  You would like to plan on doubling him but as soon as we did that, then that veteran QB was aware enough enough to identify the space created and often scrambled in that direction.

3. Nelson may be a huge energy guy, but his lack of discipline in holding the edge cost is more times than I can count. He repeatedly crashed inside and lost containment giving up numerous first downs. If his position coach will not bench him then Chin needs to pull rank and do it until Garrett learns his lesson.

Bottom Line is that opposing OC’s have shown themselves competent in identifying their mismatches and exploiting them.  While our OC has appeared not to adjust at all and keeps wanting to use his “square peg” (scheme, personnel and play calling) regardless of the opponent’s strengths or weaknesses.  

23 minutes ago, Canadian Fan said:

2. One opposing WR we had no answer for at cornerback.  You would like to plan on doubling him but as soon as we did that, then that veteran QB was aware enough enough to identify the space created and often scrambled in that direction.

This is not true.  Sitting in a super soft zone all game created this which also directly affectes your first point.  The week before playing press man they held Jahan Dotson to 20-some yards on two catches.  And no one in the Illini WR room could hold his jock.  Scheme played a huge part in Illinois success.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

This is not true.  Sitting in a super soft zone all game created this which also directly affectes your first point.  The week before playing press man they held Jahan Dotson to 20-some yards on two catches.  And no one in the Illini WR room could hold his jock.  Scheme played a huge part in Illinois success.

I'm not going to disagree with you as I know you've watched a lot of football in your day, but on my streaming laptop (hate it!), it felt like we had no one capable of covering  IMATORBHEBHE (copied and pasted his name as I had no hope of spelling correctly on my own).  My recollection was that after beating Bootle early, they tried Cam, and lastly I thought he beat Newsome.  I also think the soft zone is a reaction to a QB who can run as man coverage takes the CB's eyes off the opposing quarterback.  

That all being said, it kinda feels like we're trying to pick out details on a NASCAR crash.  It was so ugly all around it hurt my eyes.