What is the future of the Republican Party?

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Jim was a well known WH correspondent and the young lady was a WH intern I believe.  He used that power dynamic along with force to keep that mic and keep grandstanding.   Well done Jim and well done for excusing that behavior. 

You know people are able to google non-right wingnut news sources, yes?

CNN’s Jim Acosta Returns to the White House After Judge’s Ruling

A federal judge on Friday ordered the Trump administration to restore the press credentials of Jim Acosta of CNN, handing the cable network an early win in its lawsuit against the president and members of his administration.

Presiding over one of the first major tests of press rights under President Trump, Judge Timothy J. Kelly of United States District Court in Washington ruled that the White House had behaved inappropriately in stripping Mr. Acosta of his press badge shortly after a testy exchange at a news conference last week.

The administration’s process for barring the correspondent “is still so shrouded in mystery that the government could not tell me” who made the decision, Judge Kelly said from the bench. Taking away the pass that gave Mr. Acosta access to the White House amounted to a violation of his right to a fair and transparent process, the judge ruled.

The trumpists tried to pull a similar stunt with Brian Karem and were similarly shot down. 

Freedom of the press is a hallmark of America. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The ruling speaks for itself. 

Right and it didn’t excuse Jim’s behavior like you insinuated. 

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Who's not shocked about this?  Raise your hand if you're not shocked about this.

No he didn’t.  Just stop 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No he didn’t.  Just stop 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GOP Sen. Josh Hawley wrote a column in defense of the Oklahoma City bomber when he was 15

The Kansas City Star reported that following the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Hawley wrote a column for his hometown paper, The Lexington News, in which he warned against calling anti-government militia members domestic terrorists.

Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols - the men who carried out the bombing that killed 169 people - had ties with the Michigan Militia, an anti-government group dating back to the 1990s.

"Many of the people populating these movements are not radical, right-wing, pro-assault weapons freaks as they were originally stereotyped," Hawley wrote about militia groups. "Dismissed by the media and treated with disdain by their elected leaders, these citizens come together and form groups that often draw more media fire as anti-government hate gatherings."

"Feeling alienated from their government and the rest of society, they often become disenchanted and slip into talks of 'conspiracy theories' about how the federal government is out to get them," he added.

Also in the column, Hawley said former Los Angeles police detective Mark Fuhrman was being unfairly depicted as a racist after his use of racial slurs became known during the OJ Simpson trial.

"In this politically correct society, derogatory labels such as 'racist' are widely misused, and our ability to have open debate is eroding," he wrote.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

"Many of the people populating these movements are not radical, right-wing, pro-assault weapons freaks as they were originally stereotyped," Hawley wrote about militia groups. "Dismissed by the media and treated with disdain by their elected leaders, these citizens come together and form groups that often draw more media fire as anti-government hate gatherings."

"Feeling alienated from their government and the rest of society, they often become disenchanted and slip into talks of 'conspiracy theories' about how the federal government is out to get them," he added.

Geesh, I missed the defense of the bombers here!  Must be invisible ink.   He is saying the same damn thing many on this forum have said, that people get sucked into these groups but are not terrorists because they haven’t done anything except be part of a group/militia/cult.  He never defended the bombers and you know that. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I can't show you what you refuse to see. It's pretty plain for everyone else. What you choose to see is your issue.

Show me where Josh Hadley specifically defended Timothy McVeigh like your headline said.  Show me where he defended the bombing.  Show me where he said the bombers were justified.  

you won’t because you can’t.   

• Plus1 2
Just now, Archy1221 said:

Show me where Josh Hadley specifically defended Timothy McVeigh like your headline said.  Show me where he defended the bombing.  Show me where he said the bombers were justified.  

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Show me where Josh Hadley specifically defended Timothy McVeigh like your headline said.  Show me where he defended the bombing.  Show me where he said the bombers were justified.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, Archy1221 said:

Show me where Josh Hadley specifically defended Timothy McVeigh like your headline said.  Show me where he defended the bombing.  Show me where he said the bombers were justified.