What is the future of the Republican Party?

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sadly, she will probably have a lot of support. 

Already polling as the leading favorite. I would think that her opponent can just put her press conferences on a loop, with actual fact based data superimposed over her as she is speaking...that would be how I would play it

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

With Sarah you get "Daddy Huckabee"  - you know he will be a big part of her campaign.  So she was a press sec for a failed president and that qualifies her - how??

Her draw will be with her dad's 'street cred'  and the fact that Gov Huck was a popular governor and has been a constant on conservative talk TV, Radio, etc

14 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

With Sarah you get "Daddy Huckabee"  - you know he will be a big part of her campaign.  So she was a press sec for a failed president and that qualifies her - how??

Her draw will be with her dad's 'street cred'  and the fact that Gov Huck was a popular governor and has been a constant on conservative talk TV, Radio, etc

It's a terrible example of how big name recognition is in politics. She's not qualified, but because she's got that trump stank on her, she's a hero to a segment of the population. 

I hate this just like I hate when spouses of deceased politicians run for their vacant seats, or children of politicians run. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

She was an a$$ to reporters...so that qualifies her in the eyes of the base.  She would be a sure fire winner if she would have made up 3rd grade names for them.

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

It is going to be very interesting to see how she handles the media differently.  As a Press Secretary, she could spout stuff and be an a$$ and it didn't affect her because her boss loved it.  NOW....she is on her own and will need the press to get whatever message she wants out to be reported how she wants it.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

It is going to be very interesting to see how she handles the media differently.  As a Press Secretary, she could spout stuff and be an a$$ and it didn't affect her because her boss loved it.  NOW....she is on her own and will need the press to get whatever message she wants out to be reported how she wants it.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how she responds. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It is amazing when someone is as partisan as you are.

Jim was a well known WH correspondent and the young lady was a WH intern I believe.  He used that power dynamic along with force to keep that mic and keep grandstanding.   Well done Jim and well done for excusing that behavior. 

• Plus1 1