Should the USA be broken into Several Smaller Countries?

Should the USA break up   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think of it like the Matrix.  The government is the society of machines and AI, the people are the humans in Zion.  The government needs Zion to be around but not to flourish.  The government takes measures to keep the staus quo where it needs to be.  If Zion flys too close to the sun, the government will do something to ground it.  These extreme hypothetical situations sound plausible, until they aren't.  The government has fail safes and backup plans and cautionary measures in place to ensure we stay divided but not TOO divided.

27 minutes ago, Redux said:

I think of it like the Matrix.  The government is the society of machines and AI, the people are the humans in Zion.  The government needs Zion to be around but not to flourish.  The government takes measures to keep the staus quo where it needs to be.  If Zion flys too close to the sun, the government will do something to ground it.  These extreme hypothetical situations sound plausible, until they aren't.  The government has fail safes and backup plans and cautionary measures in place to ensure we stay divided but not TOO divided.

:stir  the old keep the pot stirring idea    nothing gets settled so we always need the govt to intervene. 

3 hours ago, Redux said:

Yes I agree. It's part of why the GOP couldn't help support the ACA even though I bet some of them thought it was a good idea. They can't let the Democrats look too good, and vice versa. That said, fringe people can and do get elected, and if you have a propaganda tool get out of hand, more and more people become fringe, and more of those people get elected. So I don't think they can keep control of it forever. There will always be some in the government that really believe in the s#!t they're saying.

6 hours ago, RedDenver said:

The word "eventually" means the answer to #1 is definitely yes.

I don't think we should break up, but I think we will. Probably in the next decade or two. I think our economic and political systems are fracturing and will lead to a collapse of the system.

The thing that makes this less likely is we aren't really divided that much by area of the country. We are divided between high population and low population in each individual state.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The thing that makes this less likely is we aren't really divided that much by area of the country. We are divided between high population and low population in each individual state.

I think we'll divide on economic boundaries and not as much on political ones.