Post game pressor predictions

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

Just chill on the excuses thing.

"no excuses" is worn out.

I could type "no excuses" all day long too.....but I don't own enough cattle to demand changes.

Maybe you do.

I agree the phrase is worn out, I'm very tired of watching play that warrants some to make excuses.  What else would you call what you said about "Frost having no other choice" with young offensive lineman? No matter how big the rebuild, we should be seeing better than this in year 3.  I am in no means calling for Frost to be let go,  but I don't think asking for more from the assistants after 3 years is outrageous at all.  I don't think it's reasonable to trot the same crew of assistants out next year and magically expect different results. Like Einstein's definition of insanity...

8 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I agree the phrase is worn out, I'm very tired of watching play that warrants some to make excuses.  What else would you call what you said about "Frost having no other choice" with young offensive lineman? No matter how big the rebuild, we should be seeing better than this in year 3.  I am in no means calling for Frost to be let go,  but I don't think asking for more from the assistants after 3 years is outrageous at all.  I don't think it's reasonable to trot the same crew of assistants out next year and magically expect different results. Like Einstein's definition of insanity...

Jurgens is "kind of" in year 3.

Neither Piper nor Benhart has been around 3 years.  But they are playing ahead of older guys.

So cute phrases like "definition of insanity" aren't accurate.

I mean, most were all over Farniok's play at RT last year, right?  A change was made and at times Benhart has really struggled.

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Neither Piper nor Benhart has been around 3 years.  But they are playing ahead of older guys.

I mean, most were all over Farniok's play at RT last year, right?  A change was made and at times Benhart has really struggled.

I was talking about the coaches.  Trotting the same batch of assistants out. Sure the OC was changed but we all know who the OC actually is. Frost changed DeWitt and we've seen improvement.  Time for more.  This program is at a crossroads, like it or not.

And the phrase is most certainly accurate, press conferences,  game plans, clock management, turnover issues,  penalties.  Same things over and over. You can choose to not see it,  that's fine,  we will agree to disagree. 

46 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I think most rational fans can expect the younger players to make mistakes while they do OTJ training this year.  If NU lost games early in the year because of on field mistakes by young players, but those players started progressing throughout the year most rational fans would accept that.  

What fans like myself can’t accept is a coach that can’t seem to figure out that deferring on the coin toss is the most basic decision in football.  You don’t take the ball in a bad weather game, knowing you will be going against the wind and the offense has been a week point most of the year.  

What fans also get mad at is the not adjusting the offense to the personnel currently on the roster.  Neither AM not LM can run the passing portion of this offense.  They both suck big time throwing the ball.   Let go to the I formation, run downhill, olay action pass Rollout and bootleg.  Things our RB and QB can do some.  

put this offense back in when they get a competent QB.  

We would like to see improvement in game management.  We would like to see improvement with in-game adjustments.  We might be the worst second half team in the country.  Usually that is a tell tale sign of coaching adjustments. 

on Defense, how many second and third and logs so we have to see being completed before Chin says, oh what we are doing doesn’t work?   3rd and 8 so we give 10 yrd cushions?  3 and 6 so we give 10 yrd cushions, then watch out route for 9 or slant for 12??   Figure it out after 3 yrs.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Explain what you meant here - in detail, please.

They are the best we have at their positions, and they are certainly talented 

But they are young and inexperienced.  They are going to make mistakes.

To really get a semblance of "The Pipeline" going again, starting two redshirt freshmen isn't ideal.

The offensive line itself is going to take 2-3 more years to get quality experience and quality depth.

Benhart has whiffed on blocking assignments the past two games that have led to turnovers   Piper's penalty had the touchdown called back.

Their mistakes are magnified.

• Haha 2