Insurrection fallout

24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t know, this is coming from Maddie’s twitter not right wing news site and You sure about that timeline? 

When did the investigation into this start and when did it end?  

PBS (yes I know it’s a right wing news factory) has a story out summer of 2022 talking about STARTING an investigation into this.  By your calculations, today would be summer of 2025 not Feb 2024!   (Emphasis mine).  

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/national-archives-asks-secret-service-to-probe-deleted-texts-sent-around-jan-6

The Secret Service has come under heavy scrutiny following the revelation last week that text messages sent around the time of the Capitol attack may have been erased. In response, the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 investigation issued a subpoena for the messages and other related records.

……..

The potential loss of the records first came to light last week when the Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General, in a letter obtained by The Associated Press, told lawmakers that Secret Service messages between Jan. 5 and Jan. 6, 2021, were erased "as part of a device-replacement program."

it's right there in your post that the jan. 6 commission issued a supoena for those records.   lol.  i underlined it so you can find it big boy.

• Plus1 3
19 minutes ago, commando said:

it's old news.    being presented as something new and shocking now.  

Did you even listen to the clip?   If so, what issue is Massie trying to get answers on?  What was the issue he thought was most serious on Jan 6th?   If you listened to the clip before commenting to the “old news”

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, commando said:

it's right there in your post that the jan. 6 commission issued a supoena for those records.   lol.  i underlined it so you can find it big boy.

Yes in 2022, and guess what champ?   The investigation is still apparently “ongoing” by the OIG.   Or did you not actually listen to the clip.  

You cool with the non-resolution of the destruction of these records?  Kinda the point of the clip you didn’t watch 

BTW…2022 plus three years is 2025:thumbs 

• TBH 2

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes in 2022, and guess what champ?   The investigation is still apparently “ongoing” by the OIG.   Or did you not actually listen to the clip.  

so you are still disputing that we knew this 2 years ago and it isn't something new?   and at the time it was probably done to protect trump?

• Plus1 2
49 minutes ago, commando said:

this was discovered during the jan. 6 investigation 3 years ago.   are the right wing sights now suggesting that this is something new?

so i said 3 years ago instead of 2.  that means i was totally exonerated or incriminated or something.   lol

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, commando said:

so you are still disputing that we knew this 2 years ago and it isn't something new?   and at the time it was probably done to protect trump?

I never disputed we knew this 2 years ago…..are you now saying it wasn’t 3 years ago?  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Since you watched/listened to them, which of the hearings dealt with the aftermath of the investigation into the Secret Service phone deletion scandal?   Thanks in advance so I can go back and listen and be more informed.  Appreciate it.  

Glad you’re only worried about this small part. Fact is, they thought it was an important part….but your party broke up all the investigations on the day because they want us to believe it was just peaceful tourists visiting the capital. 

most people would love more investigations into this.(including me)  My suspicion is that these text messages lead back to your party’s leader. 

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You cool with the non-resolution of the destruction of these records?  Kinda the point of the clip you didn’t watch 

Fact is, the committee wanted to see them.

• Plus1 2

42 minutes ago, commando said:

Again, did you actually listen and realize what the point of the discussion was or are you still fixated on the date of the discovery of destruction of data?

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Glad you’re only worried about this small part. Fact is, they thought it was an important part….but your party broke up all the investigations on the day because they want us to believe it was just peaceful tourists visiting the capital. 

most people would love more investigations into this.(including me)  My suspicion is that these text messages lead back to your party’s leader. 

Well, I’m not only worried about this small part, and as you would note if you actually read posts, my biggest gripe is that no one is being held accountable for destroying these documents like an ordinary citizen would be.   

I’m also not worried about who those texts would lead back to.  Some of that information could be helpful in understanding more about the pipe bombs as Massie explained.   But you probably didn’t listen to that either 

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Fact is, the committee wanted to see them.

Fact is no one says otherwise and we all would like to see them, except some folks in the secret service.  

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, I’m not only worried about this small part, and as you would note if you actually read posts, my biggest gripe is that no one is being held accountable for destroying these documents like an ordinary citizen would be.   

I’m also not worried about who those texts would lead back to.  Some of that information could be helpful in understanding more about the pipe bombs as Massie explained.   But you probably didn’t listen to that either 

I agree.  But it’s your party that stopped the process. Congrats. 

21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Fact is no one says otherwise and we all would like to see them, except some folks in the secret service.  

Wrong. Your party kicked count of Congress the main republicans that supported this. Again…congrats!!!

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

agree.  But it’s your party that stopped the process. Congrats. 

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Keen listeners to the video would have noticed the Chair of the Jan 6 commission stated they don’t have criminal investigation powers.   Me thinks that might be your Dear Leaders department 

• TBH 1
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Keen listeners to the video would have noticed the Chair of the Jan 6 commission stated they don’t have criminal investigation powers.   Me thinks that might be your Dear Leaders department 

i believe that technically...the house doesn't have criminal investigative powers no matter what the president says.   that would be a separate part of the government