Beck missing

What amazes me about this whole fiasco is the lack of communication. Beck never told the coaches about his frustrations - that's somewhat surprising because I thought the coaches were pretty close to the players.

But, apparantly Beck didn't even tell his fellow players! That is just downright weird!!! Doesn't he have a couple of friends on the team .... people he shares his feelings with? Surely the coaches or players know who those friends are.

I'm hoping for the best --- that some team leader(s) step up, find out why there is a breakdown in communications and fix it!

:yeah He must not communicate with anyone on the team. everyone thought he was fine, more mature, having good practices. But it turns out he is whining to his mom about pt, and not talking to Callahan about why he is down on the depth chart.

Now, we don't exactly know that he did not talk to his friends on the football team. If he did talk to them, then they are doing the right thing and are not talking to the media about it. I image that there are alot of conversation going on between the coaches and the players about this and I am glad that they are not talking to the media about it.

Though, at the same time, do you really want the opinion of a dozen or so different people on what they think is going on. I would much rather just wait until everything is settle before an announcement came out. If too many people talk, we are going to have rumors that he was abducted (sp) by aliens or he got some girl pregnant and is with her right now. i would prefer to just hear the trueth rather than listening to a bunch of opinions.

Now, we don't exactly know that he did not talk to his friends on the football team. If he did talk to them, then they are doing the right thing and are not talking to the media about it. I image that there are alot of conversation going on between the coaches and the players about this and I am glad that they are not talking to the media about it.

I dunno - this quote from the article would seem to indicate otherwise...

"I asked all the players, talked to all the players about it, and it really comes as a real surprise and shock to all of us right now," Callahan said.

Good points, but look at this topic. We know very little, only what his mom said actually, and this topic is going on and on with very little info. We are all giving opinions. It's like this with the Bowman thing. Callahan said there were some bumps and bruises. I am pretty sure if the Bowman thing would have been true he would announce it. Suddenly he is out for the season and we are going down the tube. So I just want some info, not from the players, but from the coaches.

But I am sure Zac let his coach know about his plans and didn't just bail on everyone. IMO.

Definitely!!!

...and I'm sure he didn't have his mommy talk crap on the starting QB. <_<

:rollin If Zac was at a SEC school, sitting behind Rex Grossman or something like that it would be fine. Wake Forest QB is "OK". Hahaha.