Beck missing

on the blogs of LJS Steve Sipple says that he has missed practice again today and Callahan has not talked to him yet. Callahan did say that he talked to Becks stepfather but didnt elaborate on what they talked about.

here is a copy of the Blog

Beck absent again; Bowman out for year

Harrison Beck on Sunday missed his second straight practice.

Coach Callahan hasn't talked to the quarterback since he left camp Saturday. However, the coach said he talked to the player's stepfather.

"Harrison is OK from what I understand," the coach said. "I'm anxious to see him return if he comes back. I'll visit with him, and I'm looking forward to that. I'm hopeful he makes the decision to come back."

"He's a young guy, and we're certainly here to help him."

Asked if he would welcome Beck back to the team, Callahan said, "We look at everything case per case. But that's up to Harrison. It's Harrison's choice and decision."

He is only 18. You can't just tell him to go, and boot him off.

I've read John Wooden's book "My Personal Best," and he warns against such rash judgement calls.

However, HB probaby needs to apologize to ZT (and the whole team) in front of the team, even though it was his Mom who said those commetns.

Fro those comments, one can only surmise HB has been a bit coddled. HB needs to realize he's got to work hard. During fall camp, the depth chart chagnes quite a bit- moreso than during the regular season.

I dont know if this means anything or not, but someone posted on another thread something about someone buying alcohol for HB. I am wondering if after seeing that he was #4 on the depth chart if he went out on a bender feeling sorry for himself?

I dont wat this to start a bunch of wild theories but I was just wondering

I dont know if this means anything or not, but someone posted on another thread something about someone buying alcohol for HB.  I am wondering if after seeing that he was #4 on the depth chart if he went out on a bender feeling sorry for himself?

I dont wat this to start a bunch of wild theories but I was just wondering

I doubt it. Kids get beer all kinds of ways.

Not that I would know...... :o