Beck given his release

Maybe he'll transfer to NC and play behind Dailey.

If the kid wants to whine about being #4 and he's not man enough to stand up in front of his teammates and say "I let you guys down, I'm sorry" let him go. He ain't worth the coddling. :hmmm

This could hurt us in the QB race in the short term. I read somewhere most QB prospects have committed already with only a smattering few left. 'Course to Callihan's credit, he seen something in Taylor no one else did so maybe that'll happen again next year.

The rest of the players don't need this distraction and it's apparent Beck is a distraction.

Pshhhh. If Beck's gone, it's no big loss. He's not worthy of being a Husker anyway.

What is Beck's mom going to say when Taylor leads us to the title. Well he is an "OK" national title qb. This probably wants to make Taylor prove himself even more, though it was just a mom.

Who cares what Beck's mom thinks? Since when did Beck's mom become the ultimate authority on football?

Joe Ganz! I'll be excited to see him play against the Trojans...because you know, I think BC will be nice to SoCal guys once the score hits 42-0 midway through quarter two...

Eh, at this point, I don't really care that he left.

After hanging on every word from various sources about a kid who, sure came in a helped win a game, but somehow thinks he deserve's more than anyone else on the field because he is Harrison Beck? You can have him.

I really didn't think this was the kind of kid Beck was. From every thing I read when he was recruited, committed, came to lincoln he sounded like he was a Husker through and through. Not so, I guess. Maybe he isn't like that. Maybe his Mom's words really aren't what he was thinking. Who knows, but that's all we have to go on. If it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck and smells like a duck, it's a f'ing duck.

If he did come back, how do you go into the locker room after all the words that were said?

Oh, hey guys, I really didn't mean it. Zac you rule.

Yea, right. You are going to lead the team on the field, you have to have the respect of the team. What he did, regardless of what he is thinking or not thinking, is left the team. Just straight up left. Doesn't sound like a leader in training to me.

I would be more nervous if the guy came back. What does that do to the players that work hard every day? The walk-ons that work their ass off to get a scholarship and this kid can just leave for a few days, talk trash ABOUT THE TEAM, then come back and it's all cool? Talk about throwing bleach into to the chemistry that is a good team.

Alright, I'm done with that. Now that's it's resolved we should move on. I am sure the team hasn't missed a beat, really.

Great post Dave. I agree with you 100%.

Its over folks , we have the season in less than 1 month lets look forward instead of behind.

Good luck Beck.

Yeah, nice post. Maybe he can't stomach that a 2 :star recruit is better than him at this point. I'd like to see Ganz play in the first game now.

Great post Dave. I agree with you 100%.

Its over folks , we have the season in less than 1 month lets look forward instead of behind.

Good luck Beck.

Yeah, nice post. Maybe he can't stomach that a 2 :star recruit is better than him at this point. I'd like to see Ganz play in the first game now.

If not the first game...then definitely the 2nd. Just make sure we get him in there sometime.

I would be more nervous if the guy came back. What does that do to the players that work hard every day? The walk-ons that work their ass off to get a scholarship and this kid can just leave for a few days, talk trash ABOUT THE TEAM, then come back and it's all cool? Talk about throwing bleach into to the chemistry that is a good team.

:w00t

Well put, Dave!

Good bye and like everyone else says it is time to move on. There are to qb's out there that will regret their decision. What do you think joshie boy is thinking, If I would have stayed commited to the Huskers I wolud be right up there and able to start as a sophmore for the greatest team in the land.

To both of you. See you later and enjoy eating our dust.

GBR

Let's not hate too much on Freeman, though. He made the choice that he felt was right for him, given all the variables at the time. Who coulda foreseen this? He may be kicking himself, but it's not his fault. I know he switched from Nebraska, but as a recent high school student, well...we're very indecisive. Flip-floppers, if you will.

Let's not hate too much on Freeman, though. He made the choice that he felt was right for him, given all the variables at the time. Who coulda foreseen this? He may be kicking himself, but it's not his fault. I know he switched from Nebraska, but as a recent high school student, well...we're very indecisive. Flip-floppers, if you will.

He made the choice that his daddy thought was right for him. Freeman won't ever do anything at KSUcks because he will never have talent around him.

I am not hating on freeman I was just saying he is probably wishing he had stuck with his first choice, and for the next 4 years when he is playing against us and feeling the pain, he will always think WHAT IF.