QB sit

IMO Ganz is tons better than Davis. The only look we have on Davis is that Texas Tech game that we don't want to remember.

Agreed, I just have a good impression of Ganz.

And Davis, well. Wasn't his TTech performance something along the lines of "int, int, inc, int, inc, int"?

come on guys......we can say this when we need to, but the fact is you need a better than "average" qb to run the WCO....there is no denying that......maybe Ganz can fit pretty well.....but we need to keep goiing after the kids that fit the system.

The only "average" guys are the poor suckers who aren't on our team :)

damn guys, this is why we needed dailey :sarcasm all is fine, there is another reason Ganz was #2 on the depth chart (other than the injury to beck) i don't think Cally would risk burying beck just to prove a point, or motivate him or what not. i have faith in ganz, he is patient and willing to stick around and take one for the team, everything happens for a reason and joey waiting in the wings is about to pay off for him, that's what happens when you sacrifice and lose all selfishness for the sake of the TEAM.

well then why didn't Ganz go in last year (in the K state game) instead of Beck?

i guess there are lots of questions left without answers for now, or maybe forever?......but all else failing to get Beck motivated to step up, yes, i still believe the depth chart demotion may well been cally's last attempt to get him moving...i guess it worked! :o

hunter

Just to confirm: Ganz *is* a redshirt sophomore, right? I saw one article describing him as a junior...

well then why didn't Ganz go in last year (in the K state game) instead of Beck?

Probably because Beck was seen as the future of this program. Things have changed.

spring progression...beck got injured, fell behind, and it was a wrap i think. anyone agree with my view?

Yeah, pretty much. His character was revealed during this little bout of adveristy.

If he fell behind, he needed to kick it up a notch or two, and didn't.

Another facet - he was told, "Miami/FLA/FSU 'want' you - we NEED you" during recruiting. Then he was asked about Taylor, which he probably thought wouldn't be a big deal.

So, he probably thought he going to be the man. Maybe even moreso when he sustained the drive vs KSU. He got a little more serious for fall camp this year - but it wasn't instantly rewarded. Then got huffy.

Bottom line, he should've gone to the coaches first. It's a maturity thing. But the truly great players have that.

I like to think of it this way.

About beck playing last year, i get that feeling that they needed to play beck....for a lot of peoples sake. Hopefully it will help him in his progression (They think), afterall they were building him for the future, well it didn't work....good riddance to bad rubbish.

Also remember last year, Beck and Ganz were supposedly neck and neck most of the time for that #2 position, this could have been the coaches just saying that to be encouraging, but what if ganz really was neck and neck with Beck... And created seperation in the offseason..

Ganz has been in the system for 2 years now, he wouldnt have been offered if he didn't have the physical tools to operate the system. He should have the playbook down pretty well.

Picking up blitzes and making reads and such is what we dont know about him, how well can he do that? maybe we will never find out, but those are the types of things that come from film study and FIRST HAND experience. There arent too many QBs that come in and dominate, becoming comfortable in the speed of college ball is essential, thats why freshmen have a hard time being a "4 star" COLLEGE football player their freshmen year or ever. Ganz might have made the transition by now, this could be the year ganz would have been number 2 on the Chart anyways. I am ready to support this guy.

He needs to become the shadow of Taylor, learning what he can from him while he is here...he also needs an offensive line that will allow a good running game so he can get some easy pass plays.... i think we will be allright with ganz as a back up, just a matter of proving to everyone that he was #2 on the chart for a reason, not just to motivate a lazy 18 year old.

come on guys......we can say this when we need to, but the fact is you need a better than "average" qb to run the WCO....there is no denying that......maybe Ganz can fit pretty well.....but we need to keep goiing after the kids that fit the system.

hunter

what has ever proven Beck being more than average