Steve Sipple

Listen, if it wasn't the Sipple article, it would have been some other excuse. Beck was going to quit - that much was obvious in hindsight. The fact his mother was quoted provided him with a ready-made excuse to try and save face.

If it wasn't this, it would have been something else.

To hell with him...

Exactly. If Beck's mom had not said what she did, he still woulda quit. I mean, he was in Florida. Florida!! Oh well. Restore the Order. Let's go ZT, Lucky, Glenn, Wilson, Mo, Swift, Nunn, Herian, Carriker, Moore, Octavien, Ruuuuuuud, Bradley, McKeon, Grix, Shanle, and most of all LINE!! GBR!

I believe that Sipple should be fired and prosecuted for releasing information that threatened National Security. I also believe that their will be a special task force set up by the president to limit and control what can an cannot be released by the media so another Beck incident does not happen. :sarcasm

Seriously though, blaming Sipple is pure idiocy. He did not fabricate the events and occurances, he just reported them.

Sipple was trying to get to the bottom of the story like everyone else was. how in the f#*k can anyone blame him for something becks nurse maid of a mommie spewed out of her pie hole.

You guys are right the whole thing rests inside the beck household. I hope they sit and watch and realize that hey, we f'd up!!!!!

He was searching for a way to get back to the nipple, he wasn't quite weened yet.

I have a natural disdain for most of the press but realistically all Sipple did was report the truth (we assume). We don't know the full story here, this young mans full story either. It really doesn't matter. It's football time in Huskerland and the Big Red is fun to watch again.

i don't blame it on the person who reported it, but i do have to admit it did not help the situation. had sipple not reported what he did, HB may have been able to come back to the team if he wanted. due to his mom running her mouth (which he has no control over), he now has to sit for a season and try to find another school that wants to put up with his "prima-dona" attitude.

so many of us are turning on a kid, yes a kid, who has no clue what the hell he is doing with his life. he will probably regret his decision and definately will regret his actions in the near future. this is something he will have to live with for the rest of his life. we only have to deal with it until it leaves our short memories. IMO people shouldn't be bashing him, he is a person too. I can guarentee everyone who reads this has done something they have regretted at some point in their lives. now imagine that situation if you had done it in the public's eye. The public and the media can make your life a living hell and turn a whole state on you.

By no means am i say what he did was right, i just think we should say good riddance and move on, we have a season and a championship to worry about.

:boxosoap

the only person that had any wrong doing in this whole thing is beck he couldnt handle heat so got the hell out of the kitchen and on second thought i thought that bill and beck were exsposed to meet together but i guess beck didnt have the balls to so he had to call callahan to get his release what a big f-n pu&&y

Even though I think what his mother said doomed him, you can't blame his mother for saying that. Bottom line, it's his own fault. He's the one who left practice.

Crouch did the same thing in "98" I'm cool with Beck being gone. These kids have to realize the COACHES RUN THE TEAM not the players.