For the Gambler out there, Week 2

21 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I think at +23 you'll definitely have a sweat in the 4Q.  I think Oklahoma gets up 45-14 and it's a matter of if Nebraska can score against OU's backups...

I have no idea what the end score may be- NU at this point is difficult to predict due to their inconsistency. HOWEVER IF the score gets to 45-14 like you predict we might not see OUs backups. 

OU may be out to score style points on national TV. They also seemed to be pretty miffed at NU trying to get the game cancelled. That may mean they try and pour it on- IF they are in a position to do so.   https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/nebraska-oklahoma-game-cancel-scared-01f0kg04ggyf

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I have no idea what the end score may be- NU at this point is difficult to predict due to their inconsistency. HOWEVER IF the score gets to 45-14 like you predict we might not see OUs backups. 

OU may be out to score style points on national TV. They also seemed to be pretty miffed at NU trying to get the game cancelled. That may mean they try and pour it on- IF they are in a position to do so.   https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/nebraska-oklahoma-game-cancel-scared-01f0kg04ggyf

You could very well be correct on this, I'm just hard pressed to see a scenario where OU is up 31 in the 4th Q and they don't bring the backups in with 10 minutes to go or something like that.  Now, if OU is pitching a shutout and is up 30-0, then yeah, it might be starters the whole way until the very end.

The big issue that will decide the end score is the poise our team has during the game and the attitude they come in with.  2AM hasn't thrown an INT yet this year. He will at some point.  Every QB does.  It very well could be in this game.  So....a) how bad is the INT.  Is it a pick six? In our territory so it's an easy score?  b) Does the team respond well to it and come out and keep playing yard?

Does the D give up an easy early score?  Something like a 60 yard pass play that goes for a TD on their first drive.  How does the D respond to that if it happens?  Do they keep trying to bring pressure, or do they go into a shell?

If those two scenarios don't happen, I see us being able to keep it somewhat respectable.  If that happens, you never know.  Stranger things have happened.  Chances are we are going to lose by at least a couple TDs.  But, that's why they play the game.