The Courts (not specific to either party)

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

This has happened??  Was giving Ukraine Javelin missiles being pro-Putin?  The missiles Obama wouldn’t give.  Downplaying Russia strength in 2012, allowing a Crimea takeover..I guess BHO is pro-Putin :dunno

I think it was pretty clear to anyone and everyone that Trump or Biden would have legally challenged the results of an extremely close election, and when those legal challenges lost, both would have left the WH which is what happened.  I know I was told by people on this board, maybe even you that Orange Man Bad wouldn’t leave the WH even if he lost.  

Yeah….if you consider Jan 6 a coup, we are screwed once China and Russia realize how easy it will be to take us over.   Who needs Nukes when you can get 3,000 rag tag citizens to take over Washington.  :facepalm:

I certainly got this wrong.   

However you feel about abortion…Roe V Wade was not settled in a lawful way.   SCOTUS correctly settled that.   Good on them.  I didn’t think they would have the guts to make the correct and hard decision.  Now it’s rightfully up to Congress to make national abortion law.   Until then, it’s up to the States as it should be when Congress hasn’t regulated it through law.   That’s kinda how our system is set up.  

First off, you and others constantly said she was the future of the Republican party and a current leader.  That still isn’t true.  Whatever influence you think she has, is confined to about 10 other looney members of Congress who are as looney as her.  Similar to “The Squad” on the other side.  And didn’t Marge get kicked off a committee assignment?  

Fun fact….The President isn’t elected by popular vote.   

Here’s another fun fact…The President is immune from some laws us normies must follow, so are Congresspeople.  The question for SCOTUS and what they are deciding  is when does immunity stop.  

Another fun fact. You, on these various pages of HB, have chosen to downplay most every R misdeed and have defended to ridiculous extents the wrong side of virtually every issue that your favored GOP party holds dear. Yes, you’ve finally come around to reluctantly denouncing Trump but you still fail to acknowledge the soul rot and destruction he and MAGA has left in your party.

Okay, maybe this isn’t a “fun” fact but it is a fact nonetheless.

• TBH 5

20 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Another fun fact. You, on these various pages of HB, have chosen to downplay most every R misdeed and have defended to ridiculous extents the wrong side of virtually every issue that your favored GOP party holds dear

That actually wouldn’t be a fact, that would be an opinion…one that is misguided.  

20 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

• TBH 1

This has happened??  Was giving Ukraine Javelin missiles being pro-Putin?  The missiles Obama wouldn’t give.  Downplaying Russia strength in 2012, allowing a Crimea takeover..I guess BHO is pro-Putin :dunno

I think it was pretty clear to anyone and everyone that Trump or Biden would have legally challenged the results of an extremely close election, and when those legal challenges lost, both would have left the WH which is what happened.  I know I was told by people on this board, maybe even you that Orange Man Bad wouldn’t leave the WH even if he lost.  

Yeah….if you consider Jan 6 a coup, we are screwed once China and Russia realize how easy it will be to take us over.   Who needs Nukes when you can get 3,000 rag tag citizens to take over Washington.  :facepalm:

I certainly got this wrong.   

However you feel about abortion…Roe V Wade was not settled in a lawful way.   SCOTUS correctly settled that.   Good on them.  I didn’t think they would have the guts to make the correct and hard decision.  Now it’s rightfully up to Congress to make national abortion law.   Until then, it’s up to the States as it should be when Congress hasn’t regulated it through law.   That’s kinda how our system is set up.  

First off, you and others constantly said she was the future of the Republican party and a current leader.  That still isn’t true.  Whatever influence you think she has, is confined to about 10 other looney members of Congress who are as looney as her.  Similar to “The Squad” on the other side.  And didn’t Marge get kicked off a committee assignment?  

Fun fact….The President isn’t elected by popular vote.   

Here’s another fun fact…The President is immune from some laws us normies must follow, so are Congresspeople.  The question for SCOTUS and what they are deciding  is when does immunity stop.  

The assertion that Trump or Biden would have handled a close election the same way is ludicrous. If we're talking checks and balances, the cornerstone of American democracy has been the peaceful transfer of power, and Donald Trump is the opposite of that. In addition to not attending the inauguration ceremonies -- unlike  disgraced popular vote winner Hillary Clinton and every other defeated candidate-- Trump has spent every waking hour spreading election falsehoods, and hailed his J6 supporters as heroes and martyrs while literally promising pardons and vengeance. Although now that you mention it, maybe Al Gore was a big pu&&y for conceding an extremely close election for the "good of the country." 

However I feel about abortion, I feel more strongly about Supreme Court candidates assuring Congress they will not seek to overturn Roe v Wade in order to secure their nomination. After which, they will very much seek to overturn Roe v Wade because each Supreme Court nominee was handed to Donald Trump on a short list by the Federalist Society, whose main criteria was the judge's willingness to overturn Roe v Wade. It's always fun to pretend it's simply about states rights. 

By "popular vote" I did not mean the the national popular vote, but the ability of those controlling the local state house to send their own slate of electors if they don't like the electors chosen by the people. That's been happening. The literal removal of checks and balances. 

However you want to dance around Donald Trump and Russia and dip back to the Obama administration for strained equivalencies, the emergence of a pro-Russia narrative among conservative media and lawmakers can be traced directly to Donald Trump standing next to Vladimir Putin and telling the world he trusted Putin over the unanimous consensus of America's 17 intelligence agencies. In addition to his attempts to weaken NATO while in office, the former President has a plan to end the war if he returns to the Presidency: just give Russia some land:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/05/trump-ukraine-secret-plan/

However you want to limit the most insane wing of Republican party to Marjorie Taylor-Greene and some ragtag extremists, they have assumed the power to make or break the Speaker of the House -- not exactly nothing. And while you may not want to call them "leadership" or even "the face" of the Republican Party, it's kinda moot if both the face and leadership of the Republican Party is the utterly bats#!t Donald Trump, doling out favoritism to the most bats#!tty loyalist, while the supposed mainstream of the party angrily rejects a Ron DeSantis or Nikki Haley lifeboat.  

Presidential immunity is an interesting dilemma, although I think most of us plebes can understand the lines you can't cross, and that trying an ex-President for his criminal civilian behavior does not threaten national security and the social order in the way trying an acting President might. But maybe if we spend enough time musing about the complexities of Presidential immunity the Supreme Court can postpone any decision that might affect the Presidential candidate who stacked it.  

Why is it so hard for you to accept that everything you believe is horribly wrong? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 6
8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Donald Trump is the opposite of that. In addition to not attending the inauguration ceremonies -- unlike  disgraced popular vote winner Hillary Clinton and every other defeated candidate-- Trump has spent every waking hour spreading election falsehoods, and hailed his J6 supporters as heroes and martyrs while literally promising pardons and vengeance

This is true and not in dispute by me. 

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Al Gore was a big pu&&y

Fact check true 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

However I feel about abortion, I feel more strongly about Supreme Court candidates assuring Congress they will not seek to overturn Roe v Wade in order to secure their nomination. After which, they will very much seek to overturn Roe v Wade because each Supreme Court nominee was handed to Donald Trump on a short list by the Federalist Society, whose main criteria was the judge's willingness to overturn Roe v Wade. It's always fun to pretend it's simply about states rights. 

Words matter and you will need to address the words these SCOTUS judges spoke and the words used in the decision to make Roe v Wade rightfully no longer exist as it was wrongfully decided (even Saint Ginsberg agreed with this) 

I’m hoping you understand SCOTUS didn’t outlaw abortion though, and I’m also hoping you understand why it’s a States Right issue and why Roe was rightfully overturned. 

Speaking if the Federalist Society, do you think every Democrat SCOTUS pick comes from some virtuous non biased recommendation?   LOL. 

• TBH 1
15 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

By "popular vote" I did not mean the the national popular vote, but the ability of those controlling the local state house to send their own slate of electors if they don't like the electors chosen by the people. That's been happening. The literal removal of checks and balances.

Are you talking about the ones that didn’t actually vote and are subject to various prosecutions while having no impact on the election because the checks and balances worked?  Those ones? 

• Plus1 1