Leon Jackson

Leon is another one of those "what's in it for ME" guys instead of what can I do to help the team guys. Considering we have a greyshirt (Shanle) and a converted IB (Green) manning the first team safety positions, Leon wanted to play RB even though we have an overload of talent at IB. I think that with his size and speed he'd be a stud safety and have a better shot at playing in the NFL at safety then at RB.

Honestly I'd like to take all those "what's in it for ME" guys and dump them off the side of the road, give me more guys like Tierre Green.

Leon is another one of those "what's in it for ME" guys

I don't think Leon falls into that category. Remember that it was Leon who approached Callahan last year with the suggestion that he could help the team in the defensive backfield last year.

Yes, players need to be team-focused; but, they also need to look-out for their futures as well. You really can't fault Leon for this decision.

Oh well we all talked about this on another thread that someone may leave so it doesn't really surprise me!!! Plus as others have said he did it the correct way and didn't cause any hard feelings with his leaving. i.e. talking sh#t about players!!! It is unfortunate that he didn't try to play in the secondary because he's built perfectly for the secondary!!!! We are pretty stacked in that position so it's not a big deal to me!!! Hell of a lot of talent though good luck to him. :thumbs

the reason is, the coaching system prominsing players that they will start right away, someone needs to inform the coaching staff that this in not pro football, but college, expect more transfers, from the that top ten recruting class, none of them never saw playing time and never wil, with juco players coming in every year, thats just a fact, coach cal is a pro football coach, and until ya'll realize that , nebraska will never be what it once was, you might want to know how i know this, you'll find out when the first pro job coach cal takes................. :wtf

Indeed, good post SilentCommit

At 6'2" and 4.4 speed, he'd make a helluva cornerback or safety.  Wonder why he's not moving to that position and letting Fluellen move back to WR.

This is either a great sign - in that Nebraska finally is getting it's talent back and doesn't have to scurry about using a player just because we've got him....

Or, it is a sign that the coaches aren't managing their stuff too well.

As usual, only time will tell.

Too bad he had to go, but I guess I haven't much to miss, either.

Hope it works out for the guy

Nevertheless,

:restore

the reason is, the coaching system prominsing players that they will start right away, someone needs to inform the coaching staff that this in not pro football, but college, expect more transfers, from the that top ten recruting class, none of them never saw playing time and never wil, with juco players coming in every year, thats just a fact, coach cal is a pro football coach, and until ya'll realize that , nebraska will never be what it once was, you might want to know how i know this, you'll find out when the first pro job coach cal takes................. :wtf

Benard? Yes - it's Benard!!!!!

What the hell Billy, did your mom take away your candy and ban you from TV? You sound a little pissy. Sneak off and play a PC game or something and really get your agression out. I would tell you to go outside but the neighbors would probably slap knots all over your head on site. It doesn't sound like you need any added enimies, settle down.

:box:smokin

I heard a little of the replay of when Leon was on 1620 this afternoon. He said he initially wanted to leave NU because of his lack of playing time as a TRUE FRESHMAN. He still sounded bitter about it.

Just the day before one of the recruiting experts was on 1620 and he made an interesting point. He said that the coaches basically have two phases of recruiting. The first is to get the recruit to commit. Then once the do they have to "unrecruit" the player and bring him down to Earth by letting him know there may be more experienced players in front of him and it may take some time to learn the system. Imagine that.