Recent Players Leaving

However, if there is one thing I’ve learned over the years, it is that life consists of change – and often change that is completely unforeseen. As John Lennon sang, “Life is what happens to you while you busy making other plans”.

A- f'n-men!

When I was 18 years old, I wanted to be an architectural engineer. After 1 year in the program, I realized it wasn't for me. Does that make me a quitter? That's pretty much what I equate LJ leaving to.

You make your decissions carefully. You think things over and then act. If you are not willing to take what comes with it you don't buy the product.

He is not leaving to play baseball. He is leaving because he can't be a starter. He is not willing to work for it. It is easier to quit and go somewhere else easier. Avoid the idea of not being good enough. It seems that all that have left have not been good enough where they ended up. I can not name one player that has left this program, made a top program and was a star. None ever made it to the pros that I can think of. Learn to deal with the situation head on.

When you pay your way to college you have every right to move on if it does not work out. But when you are getting a free education to play a game, you finish what you start. Nah I will take my ball and go home if we don't do it my way. You saw them when you were growing up and couldn't stand them Why is this different. If he isn't good enough to play at Nebraska, what major program will he be. Reality is if he isn't good enough here he is never going to be an NFL running back. Learn to finish, get an education and accept reality.

My concerns have nothing to do with the depth chart. It has just become way to easy to give your word and then take it back. It is almost expected it seems.

But I have ragged on this long enough. Most of you think differently than I do and that is fine. I am sure I have not changed your ideas and no one has changed mine. I will die a stubborn, loyal, dedicated, principaled Marine. Semper Fi, do or die.

This is what is so great about this board with all the varied members. There was a long discussion about morals, ethics, etc. and nobody flamed anyone else. Mods life is good. Not long ago this would have been a 3 alarm fire. Great job guys & gals. I'm gonna take the middle ground on this one I agree with parts of each side. Must mean I'm ambidextrous. :cheers

After listening to skersfan I can see his side of the story and he can see mine!!! I think LJ left in a good way, but I can also see what he is saying. I agree quiting is never a good thing. I've quit a few things in my life and who hasn't. But, if something just isn't working out for you then maybe it's time to go. Good posts everyone keep 'em coming!!!! :thumbs

You make your decissions carefully. You think things over and then act. If you are not willing to take what comes with it you don't buy the product.

He is not leaving to play baseball. He is leaving because he can't be a starter. He is not willing to work for it. It is easier to quit and go somewhere else easier. Avoid the idea of not being good enough. It seems that all that have left have not been good enough where they ended up. I can not name one player that has left this program, made a top program and was a star. None ever made it to the pros that I can think of. Learn to deal with the situation head on.

When you pay your way to college you have every right to move on if it does not work out. But when you are getting a free education to play a game, you finish what you start. Nah I will take my ball and go home if we don't do it my way. You saw them when you were growing up and couldn't stand them Why is this different. If he isn't good enough to play at Nebraska, what major program will he be. Reality is if he isn't good enough here he is never going to be an NFL running back. Learn to finish, get an education and accept reality.

My concerns have nothing to do with the depth chart. It has just become way to easy to give your word and then take it back. It is almost expected it seems.

But I have ragged on this long enough. Most of you think differently than I do and that is fine. I am sure I have not changed your ideas and no one has changed mine. I will die a stubborn, loyal, dedicated, principaled Marine. Semper Fi, do or die.

much of what you say is true and good skers.......i am sure no marine, but i don't believe in quiting and i don't go back on my word either......it is a principal that a lot of us "old guys" were taught as kids and grew up with...by gawd, finish what you start and don't expect to get anything handed to you.....earn it, show integrity and your presence will be forever valued!

hunter

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't hold the same view point. It sounds like something my dad would say. You think he quit on his team and his commitment, I think he put effort into his stay and he didn't fit in here and left like a man. It's all good. :thumbs:cheers