Hoiberg Returning for 2022-2023

Mavric

Nebraskaball is at its lowest point ever.  Consider who has coached here, and what we have had in history, this is the worst 3 year stretch ever.  Can't hide from that.  All i want to see from this program is what we are capable of and have done in past years.  Home court advantage.  Remember on those occasions when we would get a win verses KU, OU, Okie ST at Devaney?  Well likewise, I would like to see Ohio ST, MIchigan St and others being scared to walk into PBA with a ranked squad for fear of losing.  This currrent roster presents no fear to any opposing team whether it be conference of non conference. 

Furthernore, Bryce McGowan is not a program building 5 star prospect.  Couldn't get more than 5 minutes a game at a school like KU or UK.  and thats being kind.  May not see the court.  Find a 6'11 center that needs some polishing and build around him.  Someone you know that might be here 2 or 3 years.  Big 10 is a different league than Big 12.  I think Big 12 is way more diverse and most of those teams can play any style of game.  Go and get Danny Manning to coach biggs.  Just him alone will bring in some talent.  He has a reputation of building biggs and sending them to the league.  He would be number one on list of assistant coach hires.

• Plus1 1

This situation was a no win one for Alberts.  If you fire him, you owe 18 million big ones.  The sad fact is, fire Hoiberg and pay him, you still would have had to pay the next guy at least 4 million and sign a huge contract.  Business decision had to be made.  This was the only option for us. Basketball is not that hard to find a few players that can win 15 games a season.  You may not find enough to win 25 games, but you should be able to find players to win 15-20 games per season.  I have always in some ways compared us to K-State in basketball.  They can almost always win on average 15-20 games a season.   Bruce Weber is not a great recruiter, but they seem to find just enough pieces to scare teams when entering Bramlage.  Thats all I want to see from Hoiberg and his crew.  Win the non-con, beat teams at home, and compete on the road.  That should net 15-18 wins per season.  On ocassion win 20-23 games and get a tourney bid.  Should be an every 3 to  4 year deal.  Find some players and develop them for 3 years and have a tourney squad.  Thats it!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Eh, color me shocked that Dirk is making brazen claims.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1