Conference Realignment Rumors

19 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Well the 108 yr old conference should have a better tv deal then the one they currently just provided through Apple.  It sounds to me that the PAC-12 teams want financial security while the conference itself wants loyalty based off history and the conference can't or hasn't fully provided that.  The PAC-12 is a second tier conference with USC and UCLA leaving.  Traditions in college football don't mean anything anymore.

So, the B1G is now 18 teams while the SEC and Big 12 are now 16 team conferences. My question is, how will the Big 12 & ACC fit into the "super conference" criteria in the coming new playoffs? Will the playoffs consist of 4 teams each from the B1G and SEC while then selecting 4 more from the remaining conferences? What does that do to entice Notre Dame into one of the two "elite (or better term, privileged)" conferences?

Honestly, what I'd like to see happen is Notre Dame snuff both conferences, join the Big 12 where they'd likely be the routine champion thereby being a perennial playoff team without having to deal with the arrogance of the B1G or SEC hob snobs.