Huskers vs North Dakota State

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

What percentage of our games has our starter made it through four?

I don't think it's very good.

Maybe like 20%??? :dunno

He's got a short hook for sure.  All year.  The pitchers know it too.  It adds pressure to the game. 

I think a good pitcher can come into his own when you let him work through a tough inning, and then bring him back in the next.  So many times, we see our starters get yanked with 2 or 1 out in a close game early on.  I'm not a fan of that philosophy.  It wears out the pen.  And adds even more pressure on future starters to be ahead or get yanked when there is adversity.  It's like the manager feels he needs to make a move to keep things in his control.  Again, I don't like that.  And the results back it up.  But that's just me.

8 hours ago, admo said:

Maybe like 20%??? :dunno

He's got a short hook for sure.  All year.  The pitchers know it too.  It adds pressure to the game. 

I think a good pitcher can come into his own when you let him work through a tough inning, and then bring him back in the next.  So many times, we see our starters get yanked with 2 or 1 out in a close game early on.  I'm not a fan of that philosophy.  It wears out the pen.  And adds even more pressure on future starters to be ahead or get yanked when there is adversity.  It's like the manager feels he needs to make a move to keep things in his control.  Again, I don't like that.  And the results back it up.  But that's just me.

The managers know their pitcher's issues and by now they should be working through them. I can't comment without being at the game.  My biggest issue is our pitchers getting behind on the count batter after batter.