Some Buzz around UW moving on from Chryst

Not necessarily a rumor but it's definitely getting play locally in Madison and nationally. Something I see coming to a head in the next 14 months.

If UW moved on from Chryst it's pretty safe to say their next coach is either Leipold or Leonhard, unless the way they go about it makes the program toxic. Both guys have clear ties to the state and wisconsin fans love em.

Would have some huge ramifications in the current coaching carousel and beyond. They obviously have huge potential but PC isn't going to elevate them.

• Fire 1

35 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

This isnt meant to be a joke on our program.  But doesnt a team need to be bad for a hand full of years before they just cut someone lose.

You'd think so, but it happens.

Tom Herman was 7-6, 10-4, 8-5 and 7-3 when Texas fired him.

Gene Chizek was two years removed from an undefeated National Championship season when Auburn fired him.

FWIW most of what I've heard is a vocal subset of the fan base wanting to move on, and most of the media guys and the majority of the fans recognize its a little early for that. We are frequently brought up as an example that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of a coaching change. 

They also just hasn't played Ohio State in 3 years and forgot what its usually like. This was worse than some, but they haven't been particularly close to beating OSU since their top ten teams in 16/17. Both teams are closer to where they were in 2014, when 59-0 prompted Gary Anderson to bail for lower admission standards and easier schedules. 

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

FWIW most of what I've heard is a vocal subset of the fan base wanting to move on, and most of the media guys and the majority of the fans recognize its a little early for that. We are frequently brought up as an example that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of a coaching change. 

They also just hasn't played Ohio State in 3 years and forgot what its usually like. This was worse than some, but they haven't been particularly close to beating OSU since their top ten teams in 16/17. Both teams are closer to where they were in 2014, when 59-0 prompted Gary Anderson to bail for lower admission standards and easier schedules. 

Good perspective. I live around a lot of badger fans too and it seems almost unanimous but fans are fans. I've also caught a few radio clips that confirm it's a sentiment out there.

So clearly I misjudged how hot his seat was, props to @TonkaSker for bringing it up. I don't think anyone saw it coming this quickly, but losing by 24 at home to your former coach when you were favored by 7 is bad. Still a little surprised and I wonder if they would have waited a bit longer if they didn't have one of the hottest coaching prospects in the country among coordinators. But the season was derailing, and now Leonhard gets a trial run like MJ.