OG Preston Taumua

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Taumua commit?

• Nebraska
    • Oregon
    • Ohio State

This poll is closed to new votes

Huskers signee Preston Taumua talks Poly Bowl, Nebraska and Dylan Raiola Preston Taumua honored to compete in Poly Bowl and to represent the Islands at Nebraska

Taumua checked in at 6-foot-4, 329 pounds and while the lineman won’t be in Lincoln this spring, he’s already familiar with the plan they’ll have when he arrives.

“Coach Donnie said they think I’m at a good weight, but the main goal is to gain more muscle,” he said. “I’m not a midyear but I’m in touch with the strength and conditioning coach (Corey Campbell) and he’s giving me a program to do before I get to Nebraska so I don’t feel like I’m falling behind.”

I expected Rhule/Corey Campbell to be doing something like this, but I believe this is the first time that I have seen it in print.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • Worth a Look 1

21 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Huskers signee Preston Taumua talks Poly Bowl, Nebraska and Dylan Raiola Preston Taumua honored to compete in Poly Bowl and to represent the Islands at Nebraska

I expected Rhule/Corey Campbell to be doing something like this, but I believe this is the first time that I have seen it in print.

Man, he is already 329lbs? I hope most of it is good weight.

He wasn't a top performer, but did get a mention as a likely starter in the game despite still not being fully back from the injury:

https://247sports.com/article/polynesian-bowl-top-performers-from-day-3-of-practice-225628443/

Preston Taumua, who missed most of his senior season while recovering from a knee injury, appears to be in line to get first-team reps at left guard in the game Friday night. The Nebraska signee hasn’t yet regained his old form but we absolutely love his potential at the next level.

• Plus1 1