Sellout Streak in 2023

Red Five

59 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

One year I paid like $45 for the season student ticket, went to every home game except for Oklahoma (which I watched at home on Thanksgiving). I sold that one game for $100 so made $55 and saw all the games. When I got back to school after Tgiving the main curved goal post upright was in my bed. :lol:  Yeah I kinda wish I stayed for that one.

I did that multiple years.  I went to every game, except OU because I went home for Thanksgiving.  Sold it for enough to pay for the entire package...or more.  And...it was to someone who was going to be there screaming their heads off. 

I never have agreed with some of those changes preventing selling the tickets however you want to.

That must have been the year the goal posts were marched up and down O street.  I should have gone to that game too.

• Oh Yeah! 1

31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I did that multiple years.  I went to every game, except OU because I went home for Thanksgiving.  Sold it for enough to pay for the entire package...or more.  And...it was to someone who was going to be there screaming their heads off. 

I never have agreed with some of those changes preventing selling the tickets however you want to.

That must have been the year the goal posts were marched up and down O street.  I should have gone to that game too.

Yeah it had to be 81 or 82 or 83, I don’t remember. But the guys did say they marched it down O or Q street before a chunk of it ended up in my rack.

• Oh Yeah! 2
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

It just isn’t the same anymore. When I was at UNL (and I’m sure when you were also) almost all students got student tickets. At least I didn’t know anybody who didn’t. When my daughter was there a few years ago she knew all sorts of students who didn’t buy the tickets. I thought it was crazy.

She always got football and volleyball tickets. Those were one of the few expenses I didn’t mind paying for.

You also probably got to sit in East stadium instead of being relegated to the SE corner.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

You also probably got to sit in East stadium instead of being relegated to the SE corner.

Yes, our seats were East stadium about the north 30 yard line, prob about row 20ish. 

I feel bad for the students nowadays. IMO they should get the best seats in the house and at a heckuva discount. But it’s not really about the students or school anymore (sadly). It’s just big business and money money money now.

5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yes, our seats were East stadium about the north 30 yard line, prob about row 20ish. 

I feel bad for the students nowadays. IMO they should get the best seats in the house and at a heckuva discount. But it’s not really about the students or school anymore (sadly). It’s just big business and money money money now.

I'll fully believe it when I see it but I think Trev is meaning to fix that or at least make it a bit better.

• Oh Yeah! 1