2023 Season Notes

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I can't find the overall metric (and mostly just 21/22 numbers), but I would guess South Carolina. Basketball does a lot of work, they had close to 200,000 in 2021 for WBB alone. Their VB is non-existent, but they were also top ten in softball (2022, ~40,000) and Soccer (2021, ~12,000). They went 36-1 in WBB and won the SEC soccer tournament, so with some spikes in attendance for those (plus seems like Softball was just more popular this year) that would've pushed them above our ~280k.

We will run away with this next year, the game at Memorial stadium (assuming it counts as a home game) will add about 70,000 fans above our average in a single game.

I would think these stats don't include exhibition games.

12 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I can't find the overall metric (and mostly just 21/22 numbers), but I would guess South Carolina. Basketball does a lot of work, they had close to 200,000 in 2021 for WBB alone. Their VB is non-existent, but they were also top ten in softball (2022, ~40,000) and Soccer (2021, ~12,000). They went 36-1 in WBB and won the SEC soccer tournament, so with some spikes in attendance for those (plus seems like Softball was just more popular this year) that would've pushed them above our ~280k.

We will run away with this next year, the game at Memorial stadium (assuming it counts as a home game) will add about 70,000 fans above our average in a single game.

Softball is going to be crazy with Bahl too, they could double their attendance.

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would think these stats don't include exhibition games.

Maybe not, but since the single-game attendance record is the goal with that game I'd expect it would also factor into the season totals. No idea what all the qualifications are though, or how far behind we were this year. Pretty confident it was South Carolina though.

3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah, I still haven't found the total stats yet.  But South Carolina lead in women's basketball with 12,942 per game.  We were 15th with 5,761.  So that's a lot of ground to make up.