Husker fan in California

I live in chicago and you should see the amount of new sox hats and shirts people wear now.  I swear some people still have the price tag on them.

USC games down there look like nothing more than laker games with a bunch of celebs trying to be seen.

I wonder if Nick Lachey will still come to games now that his boyfriend plays for the Cardinals

:horns2:rollin:rollin

:yeah:rollin:clap:rollin

I know how it feels living on a coast, away from Lincoln. I, like M-247gunner, live in Penn State country. It drives me nuts. I walked into a sports store the other day and the guy asked me if he could help. I said, "Do you have any Huskers hats?" He just laughed and said, "No way, not much call for those. I can order you one, but it will take about 3 weeks." Needless to say they had plenty hats for PSU, Ohio St., Florida, Texas, Miami, Flordia St., USC, etc. That whole thing drives me nuts here in PA. Even after the Huskers 3 title wins in the 90's you could hardly find anything Nebraska. Not the case for Texas and USC. I just don't get it!!! Sorry, rant over.

:restore

I am not certain on this, but I think it is the University causing this. They are not as liberal with allowing the clothing to be sold by outside vendors as other programs. They control it much tighter than say Miami or Michigan. Has to do with the money that comes back for each sale.

But in fairness, if you were to go into a sports store in Omaha and look for an SC hat that likely hood is that they would not have many if any. Local conference hats and the main powers. You got to have your homers at home.

I am not certain on this, but I think it is the University causing this. They are not as liberal with allowing the clothing to be sold by outside vendors as other programs. They control it much tighter than say Miami or Michigan. Has to do with the money that comes back for each sale.

But in fairness, if you were to go into a sports store in Omaha and look for an SC hat that likely hood is that they would not have many if any. Local conference hats and the main powers. You got to have your homers at home.

Back during the title years I believe the Huskers benefitted greatly. At one point they were the top selling college products. Michigan and Miami were always top sellers year in and year out but the Florida schools in general did pretty well. ND always does well also.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been reading posts and comments here for a little while and was finally able to get registered on the board (email issues). I'm really excited! Ive been a die hard Husker fan since I was five years old (I'm 32 now). If you can believe it, I just recently joined the computer age. You all have no idea how great it is for a california guy (L.A.) to be able to talk and read about husker football in a forum like this! This is the best and most informative board out there, I'm proud to now be a part of it. (I go into a rant now!)

I'm so tired of all the USC bandwagons out here. You wouldn't believe it, it's unreal. Everyone has a SC hat or T-shirt on now, bumper stickers, car flags, license plate frames, etc. You just didn't see that in the 80's and 90's. People in california tend to wear the colors of whatever team is doing well at the time and it's rediculous. You can imagine all the Laker gear I see. Everyone around here talks about how good USC is and how Nebraska doesn't have a chance. What these SC fans need to realize is that while they weren't watching college football (because USC stunk) Nebraska was dominating and deserves some respect! There have been some down years lately, but us Husker fans we always remain loyal. We don't discard our colors for whatever team happens to be doing well that year. What I'm trying to say is, I can't wait for the Huskers to come in to the coliseum and shut these loud mouth bandwagons up!

Learn to f'ing FIGHT and you won't have to put up with their sh#t

My father and mother went to USC and when I was at NU they lived in Husker gear, the minute Palmer won the Heisman they were staunch USC fans again. Oh well, here's hoping Drew lachey and John David Booty can pick up where Nick and Matt left off.

Now that USC has no proven RB's I wonder what kind of dummy Pete Carroll is going to throw off a building this year

My father and mother went to USC and when I was at NU they lived in Husker gear, the minute Palmer won the Heisman they were staunch USC fans again. Oh well, here's hoping Drew lachey and John David Booty can pick up where Nick and Matt left off.

Now that USC has no proven RB's I wonder what kind of dummy Pete Carroll is going to throw off a building this year

LMAO at the Lachey/USC QB references......

If things dont pan out for the foursome, maybe they can all start a ballroom dancing school..

Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself.  I've been reading posts and comments here for a little while and was finally able to get registered on the board (email issues).  I'm really excited!  Ive been a die hard Husker fan since I was five years old (I'm 32 now).  If you can believe it, I just recently joined the computer age.  You all have no idea how great it is for a california guy (L.A.) to be able to talk and read about husker football in a forum like this!  This is the best and most informative board out there, I'm proud to now be a part of it. (I go into a rant now!)

I'm so tired of all the USC bandwagons out here.  You wouldn't believe it, it's unreal.  Everyone has a SC hat or T-shirt on now, bumper stickers, car flags, license plate frames, etc.  You just didn't see that in the 80's and 90's.  People in california tend to wear the colors of whatever team is doing well at the time and it's rediculous. You can imagine all the Laker gear I see.  Everyone around here talks about how good USC is and how Nebraska doesn't have a chance.  What these SC fans need to realize is that while they weren't watching college football (because USC stunk) Nebraska was dominating and deserves some respect!  There have been some down years lately, but us Husker fans we always remain loyal.  We don't discard our colors for  whatever team happens to be doing well that year.  What I'm trying to say is, I can't wait for the Huskers to come in to the coliseum and shut these loud mouth bandwagons up!

Learn to f'ing FIGHT and you won't have to put up with their sh#t

Y'DON'T TELLA NAVY MAN HE'S HAD TOO MUCH TA DRINK!

Thankfully living in Iowa I have no problem finding plenty of husker gear!!! :thumbs We used to have a store here in Des Moines called Husker Heaven I believe and he left Iowa to get closer to the Council Bluffs area. That was a sad day for me he had some awesome stuff!!!! :angry:

Plenty of Husker stuff in CO too.

BTW, people wearing Buffaloes gear (at least on my end of the state) was hard to come by until late November 2001 after a certain game. then suddenly CU hats/etc were a common sight. <_<

Been readin the board and finally decided enter as a new guy. Sick of hearing about USC and can't wait until we shut them down. This should finally get us some respect that has been missing for several years.....justified, I might add...

This will be the year we return to power!