Husker_Power    77
teamster    0

Welcome to all. We Nebraskans are proud of you.

And, Tyson Clark. I knew your grandfather from Nebraska City. You Clarks have a great football heritage. But don't let it get to you. Just do your own thing in your own way.

He is currently signing for Nebraska walk on spot in our library. I am in the library at Columbus Scotus and he is currently signing on to Nebraska as a walk on. He will be offensive or defensive lineman.

Ohio Pete    10

He is currently signing for Nebraska walk on spot in our library. I am in the library at Columbus Scotus and he is currently signing on to Nebraska as a walk on. He will be offensive or defensive lineman.

:thumbs Thanks for the news.

What papers do walk-ons sign today?

Why would some of the walk-ons not be on the official release, I know NU recuirted Kanne to walkon but I dont seem him on the walkon list :dunno

Ohio Pete    10

Why would some of the walk-ons not be on the official release, I know NU recuirted Kanne to walkon but I dont seem him on the walkon list :dunno

They can only officially talk about them once they've actually had all of their enrollment paper work go through. (Even after a signed LOI is faxed in there is apparently some additional paper work to do so coaches can't talk about them until everything is done. At least that's what I gather from this Twit.) Otherwise, a walk-on could still be considered a recruit and talking about a recruit is forbidden.

Husker_Power    77

I took Ryba off the list due to this article from the Columbus Telegram...

When the opportunity of a scholarship to play college football came along, Josh Ryba could not say no.

The Scotus Central Catholic senior signed a national letter of intent to play football for Hastings College in front of family Wednesday in the Scotus Media Center.

The decision came down to Hastings, Nebraska-Lincoln and Nebraska-Omaha. UNL and UNO wanted Ryba to walk-on, while the Broncos gave him a scholarship. The decision was an easy one for him to make.

Nexus    630

According to Sean Callahan, these are the confirmed walk-ons so far.

Yusef Wade - Lincoln (Neb.) North Star - 5'11", 175 - DB

Dillon Schrodt - Lincoln (Neb.) North Star - 6'3", 185 - WR

Tyson McGill - Norfolk (Neb.) - 6'1", 225 - LB

Trevor Roach - Eklhorn (Neb.) - 6'3", 225 - LB

Jason Dann - Richardson (Texas) Lake Highlands - 6'0", 160 - K/P

Austin Williams - Omaha (Neb.) Burke - 6'2", 190 - LB

Derek Foster - Elm Creek (Neb.) - 5'11", 180 - S

Tyler Wullenwaber - Utica (Neb.) Centennial - 6'1", 180 - WR

Jeff Uher - Omaha (Neb.) Creighton Prep - 6'1", 257 - DT

J.C. Moore - Fremont (Neb.) - 6'3", 250 - DT/DE

Andy Gdowski - Grand Island (Neb.) - 6'3", 235 - DE

Josh Bart - Aurora (Neb.) Aurora HS - 6'1", 170 - DB

Joey Felici - Omaha (Neb.) Millard South HS - 5'9", 165 - DB

Keegan Hughes - Roswell (Georgia) Roswell HS - 6'1", 175 - WR

Mark Pelini - Youngstown (Ohio) Cardinal Mooney HS - 6'1", 290 - OL

Zach Taylor - Lincoln (Neb.) Southeast HS - 6'0", 195 - RB

kozzman555    99

What's all involved with walking on? When i get of the Army, I'm going to go back to school, and I'm thinking UNO or UNL. I do want to play football as a punter (I'm pretty decent, punted from the opposing 40 and hit the back of the endzone) and can run 4.5's in the 40. I'd love to think that I'd be able to tryout for the huskers. Can anyone give me a heads up if this is a reality?

Nexus    630

What's all involved with walking on? When i get of the Army, I'm going to go back to school, and I'm thinking UNO or UNL. I do want to play football as a punter (I'm pretty decent, punted from the opposing 40 and hit the back of the endzone) and can run 4.5's in the 40. I'd love to think that I'd be able to tryout for the huskers. Can anyone give me a heads up if this is a reality?

Assuming you qualify academically, then your best bet would be to contact Jeff Jamrog.

jjamrog@huskers.com

(402) 472-3116

kozzman555    99

Assuming you qualify academically, then your best bet would be to contact Jeff Jamrog.

jjamrog@huskers.com

(402) 472-3116

well since i graduated HS i think i'd be ok since i havent gone to any college yet. thanks for the help

zoogs    6,367

Best of luck to you, kozzman!

kozzman555    99

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I just sent an email to Jeff asking him what I need to do and what he would recommend for me.

Nexus    630

jjamrog@huskers.com

(402) 472-3116

well since i graduated HS i think i'd be ok since i havent gone to any college yet. thanks for the help

Best of luck to ya. Let us know what you find out. :)

I just updated the list on the other thread. Is there a way we can move that list over here and delete the "potential walk on thread?"

Confirmed Walk Ons

WR Tyler Wullenwaber 6'1" 180 4.4

WR Dillon Schrodt 6'3" 185 4.5

K/P Jason Dann - 6'0" 160

LB Trevor Roach - 6'3" 225 4.6

LB Austin Williams - 6'2" 190 4.7

FB Tyson McGill 6'1" 225 4.7

OG Zach Larson 6'3" 290

S Derek Foster 5'11" 180 4.4

DB Yusef Wade - 5'11" 175 4.5

Updated list

Possible Walk-Ons To Look Out For

OL Lincoln Hansen - 6'6" 290 5.5 staff wants him to be a Preferred Walk-On, he has a scholie with E. Michigan and is deciding between them or WO at NU Monday.

DB Dion Jones - 5'11" 195 4.5

DB John Nielsen - 6'1" 205 4.5

WR Sir Bullock - 6'1" 175 4.5

WR Lavant Moore - 6'3" 180 4.6

RB Jeff Seybold - 5'10' 200 4.5

** RB Antaries Daniels - 5'11" 190 4.5 (camped)

** RB Stephon Washington - 5'8" 175 4.4 (camped)

LB Ezra Schantz - 6'3" 205 4.6 (plans to walk on)

DT Jeff Uher - 6'1" 257 4.95 (plans to walk on)

(contemplating walking on)

DT Andy Gdowski - 6'4" 245 (contemplating walking on)

Nexus    630

I just updated the list on the other thread. Is there a way we can move that list over here and delete the "potential walk on thread?"

Confirmed Walk Ons

WR Ben Renshaw - 6'5" 210 4.5

OG Zach Larson 6'3" 290

Updated list

**OL Joe Burgess - 6'6" 300 - (we offered him a scholarship initially)

OL Gary Hiat - 6'3" 280 5.1

OL Chris Reed - 6'5" 300 5.2

OL Lincoln Hansen - 6'6" 290 5.5 staff wants him to be a Preferred Walk-On, he has a scholie with another school and is having trouble turning down money.

According to HI, Ben Renshaw accepted a scholarship to UNO instead.

Nexus    630

Gary Hiatt & Chris Reed have accepted scholly offers to Minnesota St. Mankato.

Lincoln Hansen has a scholly offer from E. Michigan and is visiting their campus this weekend. He'll decide on Monday between E. Michigan or a walk-on offer at Nebraska.

Confirmed Walk Ons

WR Ben Renshaw - 6'5" 210 4.5

OG Zach Larson 6'3" 290

Updated list

**OL Joe Burgess - 6'6" 300 - (we offered him a scholarship initially)

OL Gary Hiat - 6'3" 280 5.1

OL Chris Reed - 6'5" 300 5.2

OL Lincoln Hansen - 6'6" 290 5.5 staff wants him to be a Preferred Walk-On, he has a scholie with another school and is having trouble turning down money.

According to HI, Ben Renshaw accepted a scholarship to UNO instead.

Thanks for that! Just took him off the list and updated it!

Gary Hiatt & Chris Reed have accepted scholly offers to Minnesota St. Mankato.

Lincoln Hansen has a scholly offer from E. Michigan and is visiting their campus this weekend. He'll decide on Monday between E. Michigan or a walk-on offer at Nebraska.

Updated the list thanks for the info!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I just sent an email to Jeff asking him what I need to do and what he would recommend for me.

Good stuuf and Good luck Kozz! Keep us informed if you end up going that route.

illnino    12

Good stuuf and Good luck Kozz! Keep us informed if you end up going that route.

Yeah, good luck buddy.

Updated List 1/30/10

Confirmed Walk Ons

OG Zach Larson 6'3" 290

DT Jeff Uher - 6'1" 257 4.95

OL Lincoln Hansen - 6'6" 290 5.5 staff wants him to be a Preferred Walk-On, he has a scholie with E. Michigan and is deciding between them or WO at NU Monday.

Nexus    630

Added J.C. Moore to 1st post.

Awesome dude. Looks like you have this covered... I'll stop my list and just pay attention to yours from now on, no need for two! :)

Feel free to bump this thread if you hear of any other walk-ons. I'll do my part as well. ;)

Nexus    630

Millard North OL, Lincoln Hansen accepted a scholarship offer from Eastern Michigan today instead of walking on to NU.

Nexus    630

Clicked on Zach Larson's name and it said, per rivals, that he is a Youngstown St. commit. We lose him?

Yes, he changed his mind. Makes sense though, why pay out-of-state tuition versus accepting a scholarship right in his own hometown?

BTW, Andy Gdowski is the newest Husker walk-on as of tonight. I updated the list in the first post.

I just watched Walk Ons-Huskers' Edge on the DVR tonight. I am so proud of these guys and the sacrifice and effort they put forth. One quote that resonates is that they are the glue of the program. GO BIG RED!!!

Nexus    630

Did a double take on that link, saw Austin Williams listed as 5'2"

His link says 6'2", so just a typo, but still pretty funny.

:laughpound

He's our short yardage receiver.

HuskerGBR    23

Mark Pelini is a big boy...Just thought it was weird, because Bo and Carl aren't that big. He is a nephew though. Anyways this is my favorite part of recruiting. Lots of potential and it is fun to speculate.