Next Commits?

• 3 weeks later...

I get the feeling that we may get 1 or 2 commits before the season begins. The staff seems to be very selective of who they want this year. But I think on the defensive side the staff is waiting for the season to begin to reel in some big fish. On the defensive side of the ball we should be legit this year, I just hope the recruits take notice.

I'm beginning to scratch my head in the silence, too, AR. I was thinking we'd be sitting at eight or nine by now. I'm sure Bo's got a plan, but I hope he's not expecting everyone to shuffle in a few weeks before signing day. Recruiting tends are flying in the exact opposite direction. Get'em all and get'em early.

Yeah, it isn't looking good. However - it is still early, and you know how verbals can change, so I'm hoping a few of those decide on NU after all. But I would like to see a few more committments for us at this point...

I think we are ok as of now. There are still two months till football even starts. Jus give it some tome.

Yeah, it isn't looking good. However - it is still early, and you know how verbals can change, so I'm hoping a few of those decide on NU after all. But I would like to see a few more committments for us at this point...

I think we are ok as of now. There are still two months till football even starts. Jus give it some tome.

I really think that us NU fans have to realize that NU is simply NOT a "cool" program to incoming high school seniors. Hell KU has had more sucess in the last 4 years. NU is getting the recruits it can right now, they need one or maybe two more good, or very good years to start being on those kids minds.

Think about it, what do most high school kids know of NU? They had a sh**ty coach who is gone, they got worked over on TV a few times last year and they dont win big games. Its going to take some time.

I really think that us NU fans have to realize that NU is simply NOT a "cool" program to incoming high school seniors. Hell KU has had more sucess in the last 4 years. NU is getting the recruits it can right now, they need one or maybe two more good, or very good years to start being on those kids minds.

Think about it, what do most high school kids know of NU? They had a sh**ty coach who is gone, they got worked over on TV a few times last year and they dont win big games. Its going to take some time.

I think recruiting wise we are doing pretty well. It just seems as though everybody is overly anxious for action. When everything is said and done I think everyone will be impressed with our class.

I think recruiting wise we are doing pretty well. It just seems as though everybody is overly anxious for action. When everything is said and done I think everyone will be impressed with our class.

I agree, its going to be a top 20 class or so, thats really what you want, top 20 classes each and every year.

Its bad when our own fans don't have faith in the staff. A good year this year and Suh going high, is going to to turn heads. We had a Legend at coach and a great staff, we played like crap with no effort the last few years, the ship is turning. The negativity is horrible and just let the staff take its course. Truthfully, how many of our players made it in the pro's, we have relied on good coaching and good support........

Actually it looks like our class may be just slightly below average this year. At first I was hearing anywhere bt 15-17 recruits this year. With Culbert, Rogers, Wald, Witt, and Leverson leaving that brings us up to about 20-22 for this year. If you look at any class by rivals 20th-25th usually has about 5-7 four stars and the rest three stars. 10th-15th usually has maybe 1 five star about 10 four stars and the rest three stars. With four four stars already and probably about 3-5 more on the horizon why wouldnt we be able to crack the top 20? Just relax for the love, if we can pull in Carter that will be two four star WR's a four star QB and from the looks of who we have and who we are on a hell of an OL class. The defensive side is a little weak right now but if we can get Mobley, Chance Carter and maybe Vestal that would be a pretty good DE class. We could also get lucky and land one of Jeffcoat, Powell, or Ferguson. We have a ton of young LB so we might only take two and we are on some good ones. Favors, Lewis, Veheko, Gilliam are all very good prospects. I never thought we would land Green, Washington, Williams, or Ankrah last year but we did. This staff obviously can recruit just give them time to work, its mid summer.