Pelini back to the SEC?

I know this happens with several 'big' name coaches yearly, but I wonder who the "Big 10 observer is" - basically stating that Pelini isn't at a good job in Lincoln. You'd think we were in the MAC with his comments. I don't think he is going anywhere, but wanted to see others thoughts. If Auburn would give him a huge contract could he turn it down? I BOleive so

Bo Pelini's name continues to be attached to struggling SEC programs. Nebraska's head coach is believed to be a target of Arkansas. Auburn may be another possibility according to Dave Miller of the National Football Post.

"This past summer I talked to a veteran Big Ten observer who believes that Pelini desires a bigger job and would strongly consider a return to the SEC given the right situation," Miller wrote. "While it is unknown if either party would be interested if there is an opening on The Plains, (Auburn president Jay) Gogue should strongly consider reaching out to Pelini..."

Pelini proved his ability to take a once great program which was struggling and put it back on track. Auburn will be hoping he can do the same if they lure him away from Lincoln.

LINK

Moved this to Rumorville. Just because some nit with a website and a deadline puts Pelini's name next to a program with a possible coaching vacancy doesn't mean this has any merit. At all.

By the way - to show just how credible this guy's "source" is, anyone here on HuskerBoard who's watched a Big Ten game in each of the last two or three seasons could be considered a "Big Ten observer." I laughed out loud when I saw that quoted as a source.

I absolutely expect Bo to be asked about his interest in these positions, and it will be interesting to hear how he words his answers.

As of right now, I believe that Bo loves where he's at and loves the team he has built. But I will still be listening closely when the question is asked to him. Auburn or Tennessee scare me a little bit. I'm not incredibly worried about Arkansas, but you never know.

I absolutely expect Bo to be asked about his interest in these positions, and it will be interesting to hear how he words his answers.

As of right now, I believe that Bo loves where he's at and loves the team he has built. But I will still be listening closely when the question is asked to him. Auburn or Tennessee scare me a little bit. I'm not incredibly worried about Arkansas, but you never know.

They already asked him and he said he has not heard about it, or heard from anyone about it.

Leave Nebraska for a bigger job at Auburn or Arkansas State? Is this guy in his teens? What are we chopped liver? We may not be a hot bed for high profile recruits but does being in a better recruiting region really trump a University of our magnitude and tradition? Does recruiting geography really trump everything else? Serious question.

We're too far removed from the winning circle my friends.

Leave Nebraska for a bigger job at Auburn or Arkansas State? Is this guy in his teens? What are we chopped liver? We may not be a hot bed for high profile recruits but does being in a better recruiting region really trump a University of our magnitude and tradition? Does recruiting geography really trump everything else? Serious question.

We're too far removed from the winning circle my friends.

I think the fact that Bo's name is mentioned for every coaching vacancy that comes up says a lot about the national perception of Nebraska. Just the fact that everybody says that these other jobs are "higher profile" or "bigger" tells me that Nebraska is not respected as a football power by everyone else in the nation. That will change with a national championship season and continued consistency of winning 9 or more games every season. There are not a lot of programs that are capable of that.

I know this happens with several 'big' name coaches yearly, but I wonder who the "Big 10 observer is" - basically stating that Pelini isn't at a good job in Lincoln. You'd think we were in the MAC with his comments. I don't think he is going anywhere, but wanted to see others thoughts. If Auburn would give him a huge contract could he turn it down? I BOleive so

Bo Pelini's name continues to be attached to struggling SEC programs. Nebraska's head coach is believed to be a target of Arkansas. Auburn may be another possibility according to Dave Miller of the National Football Post.

"This past summer I talked to a veteran Big Ten observer who believes that Pelini desires a bigger job and would strongly consider a return to the SEC given the right situation," Miller wrote. "While it is unknown if either party would be interested if there is an opening on The Plains, (Auburn president Jay) Gogue should strongly consider reaching out to Pelini..."

Pelini proved his ability to take a once great program which was struggling and put it back on track. Auburn will be hoping he can do the same if they lure him away from Lincoln.

LINK

Auburn and great program shouldn't be in the same sentence......

Not,

Happening.

Arky and Auburn are currently dumpster fires.

Nebraska, on the other hand:

1. Stadium Expansion Underway

2. Headed for a B1G Championship

3. Rose Bowl

4. Only challenger in the forseeable future is Ohio State, which means at a minimum, CCG

Bo is staying put.

correct. you got more facts and probably did more research than the guy who wrote the article.

You guys know this, but a lot of those articles are written to start rumors (Hey, this place is called rumorville!) and generate hits for websites. Hell, some of those authors are professional trollers. Up until this year, I thought Bo was a mediocre coach for UNL, but I'm definitely coming around and I think he'll stay.

If Ohio State couldn't get Bo, I find it hard to believe ANYWHERE would get him. Ohio State is a wealthy program with a fanatical fanbase, successful history, good talent, good recruiting base, great facilities, and has great tradition and culture where, if i recall correctly, HE PLAYED FOOTBALL. With all of those good things going for it, he still turned them down. This says Nebraska is where he wants to be. Until it is no longer his choice, he is staying.