Pelini back to the SEC?

I just did a quick browse through a couple of different message boards for Auburn, Arkansas, and Tennessee, and none of the fans of those teams gave serious mention of Bo Pelini as their next coach. The only ones that even mentioned his name laughed it off or said hell no.

Bo is here whether he likes it or not.

Im not sure approval of message board posters makes the list of concerns when ADs are weighing candidates. :facepalm:

Or who knows what kinda problems we on HB would be causing for our team.

No, but it's a good way to get a feel for what a school/fanbase is thinking about things like coaching hires. I think there would be a lot of unhappy people at those schools if they were to hire Bo.

Regardless if other teams want him, I agree with a majority on this board who think he likes it here and wants to stay.

-Lyons, I don't have Twitter and have no idea what you mean by that.

No kidding! Just on the face of it, why in the world would Bo leave a prestigious job like Nebraska to go to a second rate job like Auburn where he would always have to be competing with Alabama? And Arkansas? Puhleeze!!!

Money, easier recruiting, coaching in the best conference in the country, money, new AD here, less pressure from fanbase....he can find reasons

Money- Maybe Arky for Walmart money. Auburn already has a 8Mil buyout for Chizik

Easier Recruiting- They are surrounded be LSU, Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, etc. I wouldn't say easier

New AD here- He is about to win a conference championship and BCS Bowl Berth. He good.

Less Pressure- Ummm...it's the SEC.

Money - He's hardly underpaid here. And odds are he gets a raise with a conference ring.

Recruiting - sure, more talent in the area, but that's it. Our facilities are easily better or equal at worst.

Unless the new guy is SP2.0 he has no danger. Program is winning like few others in college football.

less pressure? Lets see.

Ark thinks they are on equal footing with the likes of Bama. Simply delusional.

UT fired Fulmer, who won a national championship, and they had a SP kinda time filling the job the first time around.

Auburn is Bama's little brother and does not like it. The have fired the last 3!!! head coaches who went undefeated. And there is a possibility of NCAA coming in for some fishy recruiting.

If Ohio State couldn't get Bo, I find it hard to believe ANYWHERE would get him. Ohio State is a wealthy program with a fanatical fanbase, successful history, good talent, good recruiting base, great facilities, and has great tradition and culture where, if i recall correctly, HE PLAYED FOOTBALL. With all of those good things going for it, he still turned them down. This says Nebraska is where he wants to be. Until it is no longer his choice, he is staying.

Urban Meyer was obviously tOSU's top choice, for good reason. It would have been interesting if they would have been more interested in Bo and made it known publicly. It would have been an interesting situation to say the least.

Bo was the first person they wanted, but Bo denied the job, said he had no interest. If he would have said he would take it, I am almost positive they would have stopped their search and Meyer would never have been mentioned. Like I have said before in another thread, this is Bo's home. He has a lot of love for the program, the players & alumni, and a lot of love for the fans, whether most see it or not. He isn't going anywhere. This is his home, not because I am saying it, but because the facts are right there in front of everyone. He came back to Nebraska. I don't think it was because of it just being for a HC gig, but for that option to coach where he loved coaching at. If UT and NU were both to offer him a job at that time, I whole heartily believe, he would have still chosen Nebraska.

This is the first time I ever heard that Bo turned down the Ohio St job, or declined to interview or however you want to put it. Is there any supporting evidence at all of this? Link?

You won't find a link, but it happened precisely as the poster put it. tOSU came calling right before 2011 season. Bo has turned down a ton of jobs. The only thing that made him even consider anywhere else was after the aTm deal. Harvey was getting a ton of pressure from Delaney about how "non-big ten Bo was acting."

I have to disagree. Bo was not offered tOSU job. He wasn't even interviewed via phone or anything. He had his agent put out feelers just like he has for multiple BCS gigs. This I am 100% certain of. Urban was #1 from the get go for them and why wouldn't he be?

Hasn't Pelini's broad gone on record as saying how much she hated Baa-Tawn Rouge? Auburn and Fayetteville make it look like Metropolis or Gotham. That alone would raise doubts.

Wow dude :facepalm:

That has to make him a hit with the ladies...

Back to the topic at hand, I'm sure there will be plenty of schools that would take a run at Bo. I'm sure there be calls from a few suitor's, and they know the answer they'll get, but they're just doing their due diligence...

Bo has built a culture here.

His family loves it here from what I have heard.

He has won 9 or more games in all of his first 5 seasons here.

He is about to coach his team in his 3rd CCG in the last 4 years with a chance to go to the Rose Bowl.

Auburn is a mess, and Chizik has done everything in his power to ruin that team. It would be a pretty big rebuilding job.

Auburn will also likely be under a bowl ban because of shady recruiting.

Bo is here to stay.

Edit: they might already have a bowl ban next season. Can't remember.

I absolutely expect Bo to be asked about his interest in these positions, and it will be interesting to hear how he words his answers.

As of right now, I believe that Bo loves where he's at and loves the team he has built. But I will still be listening closely when the question is asked to him. Auburn or Tennessee scare me a little bit. I'm not incredibly worried about Arkansas, but you never know.

He's still worried about his future at NU because of the new AD. It's that simple. And Tennessee and Auburn are NOT bigger programs than Nebraska. Who ever wrote that is full of sh#t.