(2013) F Mikael Herbert [Tulane - Signed LOI]

They are doing their due diligence. They're in play for a few Transfers and that C are out of Florida(Juco)

They probably dont want another Sergej incident

Any of the transfers have immediate playing situations? (not sitting out the transfer rules)

I dont know. Christopherson said that since none had officially announced they were leaving there names werent being released. I would say they probably will sit out a season

The way I read the articles is that these transfers are waiting to get their scholarships released. My guess is that they would have to set out a year. It is going to take a few years to get this program turned around. We already have twice the bench we had this last year. I would think some kids will red shirt, so why not a transfer who will make our team better in a couple of years. Plus, he can practice this next year.

Herbert has offers from Kansas State, Utah, Miami (FL) and Providence, and recently visited Providence. Michigan, Boston College and Arizona are also showing interest.

Link

This ^^^^^^

If this litany of schools (which ALL have hoop pedigrees more impressive than Nebraska ) believe he is worth a schollie, it seems a little puzzling that "fan" opinions would/should carry much weight in terms of his "worthiness"

1 - I don't think any of us who were hoping he didn't get a scholly expected our opinions to carry any weight. We were stating how we felt after watching a few highlights. I fully trust Miles to make the right decision, he's much smarter than I.

2 - We were right, as evidenced by no offer.

Herbert has offers from Kansas State, Utah, Miami (FL) and Providence, and recently visited Providence. Michigan, Boston College and Arizona are also showing interest.

Link

This ^^^^^^

If this litany of schools (which ALL have hoop pedigrees more impressive than Nebraska ) believe he is worth a schollie, it seems a little puzzling that "fan" opinions would/should carry much weight in terms of his "worthiness"

1 - I don't think any of us who were hoping he didn't get a scholly expected our opinions to carry any weight. We were stating how we felt after watching a few highlights. I fully trust Miles to make the right decision, he's much smarter than I.

2 - We were right, as evidenced by no offer.

Of course we agree that our opinions will carry no weight in the decision making process. But, being fans, we all like to weigh in with our own opinions. Nothing wrong with that.

I was attempting to make the point (perhaps rather inarticulately) that if MILES thinks he's worthy, that's good enough for me.

As for no scholarship offer........I'd say not yet. It appears Miles is juggling several pieces of potential puzzles and hasn't pulled the trigger thus far. Maybe an offer is forthcoming IF other options don't pan out. It might be that he'll take a less talented player at a position of need vs a more talented one where we are currently better situated. Plus, balancing the classes is a factor.

I'd guess we all want the best available fit to fill the last slot.

• 4 years later...