(2013) F Mikael Herbert [Tulane - Signed LOI]

No interest at all. He is more of a wing type player.. can shoot but we dont need that.

This is crazy. This kid can play basketball. We can use a guard with size and some athleticism. Looks like a Mike Dunleavy / Chandler Parsons / Gordon Hayward type. "Can shoot but we don't need that' ---->> Are you kidding me? Did you watch any of our games last year? Ray Gallegos was our "Best Shooter" and he shot about 30.6% 3pt and 36.1% FG -- that is not good shooting especially considering the volume. We need kids who can shoot first and foremost. We need size too. This guy would be a great addition - we would be lucky to get him. Hope he likes his visit.

There is no point in saving a scholarship. It would be better to take too many guys and have to have someone transfer. That happens all the time when new coaches come to town. Or we could rely on walkons for depth that could work too.

How did Sergej look last year?

He is a big man who cant play big.. We do not need to waste schollies on that.

Dont give a scholly to a guy just to give him a scholly... nothing on his tape impresses me.

Minnesota, I agree 100%. We need a PF/C, not another guard/wing player. Turner or Ellenson are what the Huskers need.

No interest at all. He is more of a wing type player.. can shoot but we dont need that.

This is crazy. This kid can play basketball. We can use a guard with size and some athleticism. Looks like a Mike Dunleavy / Chandler Parsons / Gordon Hayward type. "Can shoot but we don't need that' ---->> Are you kidding me? Did you watch any of our games last year? Ray Gallegos was our "Best Shooter" and he shot about 30.6% 3pt and 36.1% FG -- that is not good shooting especially considering the volume. We need kids who can shoot first and foremost. We need size too. This guy would be a great addition - we would be lucky to get him. Hope he likes his visit.

There is no point in saving a scholarship. It would be better to take too many guys and have to have someone transfer. That happens all the time when new coaches come to town. Or we could rely on walkons for depth that could work too.

Yes, there is. Doc didn't try to save scholarships, it leads to taking guys you haven't fully evaluated or taking guys not good enough to elevate your program and then when you find a guy you want, you don't have room for him. You also can't play the transfer game as the NCAA is clamping down on that a bit and Nebraska is close to being on thin ice from all the Doc transfers. This thing can't be built overnight, it's worth saving a scholarship or two if it means taking a quality player the next year as opposed to a marginal player taking up a roster spot for four years.

That was a rough highlight tape to watch. I mean if Miles sees something in him I say go after him I guess..

He also went after Sergej... so ya... about that.

Someone else said this years team was going to be a wash again?--I disagree 100%.. I think this team has a ton of young talent.. How we work with said young talent is another story.

Herbert has offers from Kansas State, Utah, Miami (FL) and Providence, and recently visited Providence. Michigan, Boston College and Arizona are also showing interest.

Link

This ^^^^^^

If this litany of schools (which ALL have hoop pedigrees more impressive than Nebraska ) believe he is worth a schollie, it seems a little puzzling that "fan" opinions would/should carry much weight in terms of his "worthiness"

Herbert has offers from Kansas State, Utah, Miami (FL) and Providence, and recently visited Providence. Michigan, Boston College and Arizona are also showing interest.

Link

This ^^^^^^

If this litany of schools (which ALL have hoop pedigrees more impressive than Nebraska ) believe he is worth a schollie, it seems a little puzzling that "fan" opinions would/should carry much weight in terms of his "worthiness"

I agree with Comish. I also think that Miles is the right man to get this ship on the right path, and would not question whether he should offer an athlete a scholarship. He proved last season that he knows how to coach, because there is no way we should have been in alot of the games we were.

They are doing their due diligence. They're in play for a few Transfers and that C are out of Florida(Juco)

They probably dont want another Sergej incident

Any of the transfers have immediate playing situations? (not sitting out the transfer rules)