Bo Pelini is Urban Meyer's DC in 2014?

DC at tOSU? Think about it this way.

Bo would have to work under a guy that stands for nothing similar to what Bo does. Plain and simple they are almost total opposites. In the event that we somehow go 0-4, no way Bo takes a job under Urban. In the event the worst happens, I could see him taking the DC spot in Denver if Del Rio moves on which I think he will.

It is purely ridiculous that anyone would even imply that Bo couldn't and wouldn't find a job in CFB or the NFL. Absolutely ridiculous.

Assuming we don't lose out or get absolutely blown out a couple more times (both of which are possible, by the way), I also don't think it's likely Bo is fired. And I'm really torn on this point. The lizard part of my brain says: "The odds of Bo ever winning a conference, let alone national, championship are very slim. Time to move on." The more moderate part says: "He wins a decent number of games every season, and usually finds a way to rally. If he gets a more experienced staff around him, he may yet have another level of coaching ability we haven't seen, especially now that he's very experienced as an HC and has been down the hiring/firing path before."

Beck and Pap need to earn their own slots this month. There's only so many times Nebraska can get shellacked in big games before everyone just gives up hope. That miracle catch has given this staff a way forward; I'm just not that confident in their ability to finish the season strong.

Best case scenario: Win at Michigan, win or lose a tight one to Michigan state, probably split the other two. The bowl game then becomes critical.

Definitely would not shed a tear to see some staff shakeup, even if Pelini himself is probably safe from the chopping block.

When you play a lot of freshman one thing that is consistent is that they are inconsistent.

We've got TALENT in that freshman class. There are some real young difference makers on our roster right now. Where I am at is that Bo is the centerpiece. Every time he gets after one of our guys on defense, the very next play he makes a play. Where I am at currently is that I think it would be a damn shame for Bo not to be given an opportunity when these freshman are sophomores and juniors. The talent and the foundation are in place, now it's time to move the furniture in the house so to speak.

You are going to have to get used to the idea of not having Bo barring a big finish. 2-2 or worse and he's gone. 3-1 may not be enough with this soft schedule.

Bo is not in good standing right now.

My previous statement stands. 3-1 would absolutely "save" his job. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

You need to get used to the idea of not having Bo barring a big finish. 2-2 or worse and he's gone. 3-1 may not be enough with this soft schedule. 4-0 is not impossible given the schedule, but we haven't shown much this year to give me faith.

Bo is not in good standing right now.

The way we are playing, I don't see any of our remaining four games as easy wins or SOFT as you put it. We are really not as good of a team as I thought going in to the season, so our remaining schedule is anything but SOFT.

Sadly enough, I think Ohio State can do better. Given how Bo's defenses have performed the past few seasons, I don't think he's going to be a hot commodity as a DC if he hits the market.

With as much professional respect as the name Bo Pelini has in terms of defense, if a change were made he would have absolutely no problem finding a gig as a DC. It is just incorrect to think otherwise.

When you play a lot of freshman one thing that is consistent is that they are inconsistent.

We've got TALENT in that freshman class. There are some real young difference makers on our roster right now. Where I am at is that Bo is the centerpiece. Every time he gets after one of our guys on defense, the very next play he makes a play. Where I am at currently is that I think it would be a damn shame for Bo not to be given an opportunity when these freshman are sophomores and juniors. The talent and the foundation are in place, now it's time to move the furniture in the house so to speak.

It's going to take more than 1 class...and we've thought this with prior classes that where eventually whittled down to a handful of remaining contributers. I won't argue w/ the defensive talent, but I'm skeptical it will still be contributing in Lincoln 2-3 years from now. First itwas the 08' class we wrote off to the transition, then the 09' class we wrote of to Bo learning to recruit, then the 10' class to busts, then the 11' class to transfers...

we're playing a chunk of the 12'/13' class not because they should be on that field, but because the 4 classes before them were entirely inadequate. With trends like that, it remains to be seen what will come of 12' and eventually 13'

(and we should probably be figuring out why this is such an obvious trend defensively, but not offensively)

• Fire 1

It's going to take more than 1 class...and we've thought this with prior classes that where eventually whittled down to a handful of remaining contributers. I won't argue w/ the defensive talent, but I'm skeptical it will still be contributing in Lincoln 2-3 years from now. First itwas the 08' class we wrote off to the transition, then the 09' class we wrote of to Bo learning to recruit, then the 10' class to busts, then the 11' class to transfers...

we're playing a chunk of the 12'/13' class not because they should be on that field, but because the 4 classes before them were entirely inadequate. With trends like that, it remains to be seen what will come of 12' and eventually 13'

(and we should probably be figuring out why this is such an obvious trend defensively, but not offensively)

As per usual, you overstate the negative and brush aside the positive. I'm no apologist for Bo's first two classes - 2009 & 2010 - but 2010 wasn't as bad as you make it sound. There were 2 NFL players in that class (David & Hardrick) plus Bell, Cooper, J. Cotton, Enunwa, Evans, HJax, SJB, Mitchell, Moudy and ARod that have started most of this year and several of them for a couple years. David, Hardrick, Bell, Evans, Enunwa and SJB might be six NFL players out of one class, and that's pretty good. 12 solid (or better) starters out of a class of 22 isn't too bad.

2011 had three (I think) transfers and Starling not show up but that hardly defines the class. Green may have helped some but he's only the fourth leading rusher on a team that is terrible at rushing the ball so he might not have helped us much either. Klachko probably wouldn't be helping us either way and you have to take a chance on a player like Starling. Basically Moore is the only one who really hurts. Most of this class is still sophomores so we really don't know how much they'll contribute yet. I could see AA (obviously), Allen, Bondi, Davie, CJax, Price, Reeves, Santos, and Turner (obviously) being solid (or better) contributors next year.

I am betting on him not being fired. Some of the fans that hate Bo's perception of him is not his boss's perception of him.

Serious question: Do you know that you just blatantly make sh#t up that you have absolutely no idea about? Or do you really think that you know these details?

I honestly want to know. I don't want to make fun of someone with a mental disorder.

• Fire 1

I am betting on him not being fired. Some of the fans that hate Bo's perception of him is not his boss's perception of him.

Serious question: Do you know that you just blatantly make sh#t up that you have absolutely no idea about? Or do you really think that you know these details?

I honestly want to know. I don't want to make fun of someone with a mental disorder.

Regardless what you think of EZ, he's right on this statement as far as the boss's perception goes.

I dont see him getting fired either, simply becuase I think we're still gonna get to 9-10 wins again, and with this young crop on defense that has NOT been aided by what was supposed to be a great offense, that would be alright. The kneejerk reactions from week to week around here are absolutely laughable.