SEC Media Days

QMany

I don't always agree with Pat Forde, but I enjoyed his latest piece on Saban.

Nick Saban needs to stop making excuses and solve Alabama's real problems.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nick-saban-needs-to-stop-making-excuses-and-solve-alabama-s-real-problems-175936781-ncaaf.html

Poor Nick Saban. The sport of football keeps conspiring against him.

[W]hat came out of Saban's mouth Tuesday sounded more like another case of excuse making for a hugely disappointing performance.

The offenses are too fast and unsafe? Excuse.

The team wasn't motivated to play Oklahoma in the 2014 Sugar Bowl after the lightning-strike loss to Auburn? Excuse.

The draft doomed us against Ohio State? Excuse.

Of all coaches who should have no excuses, it's the $7 million dollar man, Nick Saban. He's got every advantage imaginable – location, facilities, staff, administrative support, a fan base that would build a pyramid by hand if he demanded it.

By the way, Ohio State had a player on its team die the week of the Big Ten championship game. That's a slightly bigger issue to deal with than draft status.

https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247/status/621380700281901056

I pretty much have to agree with this in general - not sure about this specific instance. We want coaches to tell us what really happens and not just "coach speak". But then as soon as they start talking about something that went poorly, it's "excuses" instead of "what happened".

Edited by Mavric
Forgot to include the tweet to which I was referring.

https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247/status/621380700281901056

I pretty much have to agree with this in general - not sure about this specific instance. We want coaches to tell us what really happens and not just "coach speak". But then as soon as they start talking about something that went poorly, it's "excuses" instead of "what happened".

I agree... No one seems to want answers. They want the coach to say evert possible cliche instead.

I think there is a middle-ground between cliches and excuses. For one, if he is going to start numbering reasons for a huge upset loss, he can start with #1: "I was outcoached." I don't want cliche soundbites, but don't blame it on NFL Draft evaluations, no-huddle offenses, etc.

Saban is a whiney ass crybaby. He has cried this whole off season about stupid sh#t. It has ranged from hurry-up offenses to satellite camps to other schools paying more money for living expenses then Bama. I wish someone would just punch him in the mouth.

• Fire 1

I haven't watched a second of SEC media days but I can assume these were the main things said:

-The SEC is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Never mind the fact that a Big 12 also ran came in and started winning our god awful East division.

-It's completely unfair that these other conferences use sattelite camps. How dare they try to level the playing field against the SEC! It took us a long time to figure out how to cheat like we do!

-The SEC West is the best division of college football ever! Never mind the fact an also ran from the Big 12 came in and started competing with us immediately.

-Nick Saban's unit is the size of an arm.

-The SEC should automatically get 3 teams into the playoff because we play eachother every week and that is hard! No other conference does that right?

-SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

-Steve Spurrier offends someone.

• Fire 2