Edsall Out at Maryland

Mavric

Maryland might have a national championship caliber team in basketball this year. I'd say that has to count for something

With Delany, It sure does.

just because its the wrong sport?

That and east coast. Would be similar to letting Kansas in.

Maryland might have a national championship caliber team in basketball this year. I'd say that has to count for something

That and east coast. Wuold be similar to letting Kansas in.

Are there any Nebraska fans who would be against Kansas into the Big Ten?

No...I'm meaning because Delany is a big basketball guy. Everyone seems to look toward football when talking expansions and seem to pay very little attention to the other sports. Both Maryland and Rutgers have respectable basketball teams whether it's the men's or women's.

Unless you were being sarcastic?

I don't think recent conferences have been expanding based on team's football prowess. Making money THROUGH football contracts, yes, because its more popular and worth way more than basketball.

Nebraska being the exception with their 5 national titles and top-10 standing in almost every significant football category.

Utah? historically irrelevant outside of a couple years with Urban Meyer. They are good now but no one thought this an slam dunk expansion. Why did they expand? State School in the west, 30,000+ students, many alumni , and Salt Lake City.

Colorado? They have 1 split National title that no one remembers and have been largely irrelevant since the 90's. But they are the flagship school of Colorado and are in the greater Denver area. 30,000+ students, many alumni, etc

A&M? 1939 National title. Haven't won a Sugar Bowl, Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl, or Fiesta Bowl since 1939 vs Tulane. Largely irrelevant before moving to the SEC. They do however have a large alumni and fanbase. They are also located in the State of Texas which is the second most populated state.

Mizzou? Haven't done much of anything in football. Were ranked #1 for a week in 2007. Not bad but aren't anything special. Bring a decent population of viewers and alumni like the rest of the list.

• Fire 1