UT to B1G? According to this talks have happened..

They have been talking about it on shaggy. It's in the realignment thread around page 1175 or so. One of the posters on there says he has good info that the UT President and the Chancellor are wanting to go B1G for academic reasons and for research money.

Personally, I would love for Texas to be in the B1G and my guess is that OU would come with them.

Those are the same reasons Oklahoma wants to go to the B1G--they saw what an improvement it did for Nebraska's academic cache, and Oklahoma's leadership is explicitly concerned with making a move that bolsters both the academic and athletic pieces of their University. That only leaves two conferences (Pac-12 and B1G), since the ACC and SEC won't move the academic needle.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Oklahoma and Texass. Also would love to see Kansas and a school yet-to-be-named (Mizzery?) be part of the deal, which would then put four old Big 8 teams (Iowa, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas) together. :)

So far the fellers on shaggytexas.com haven't heard squat about UT wanting into the Big Ten. Of course, they also think the conference is inferior to theirs...

They think that because they know it would be a hard row to plow for them to politically control that conference and artificially keep programs down that threaten them...

Damn... Imagine this.

Week 1: Fresno State

Week 2: Wyoming

Week 3: Oregon

Week 4: @Northwestern

Week 5: Illinois

Week 6: BYE

Week 7: @Oklahoma

Week 8: Purdue

Week 9: @Wisconsin

Week 10: Gophers

Week 11: @Ohio State

Week 12: Texas

Week 13: @ Iowa

Week 3: @ Oregon

Week 4: Northwestern

Week 5: @Illinois

Week 7: Oklahoma

Week 8: @Purdue

Week 9: Wisconsin

Week 10: @ Minnesota

Week 11: Ohio State

Week 12: @ Texas

Week 13: Iowa

Wow what a schedule that would be.

• Fire 2

Damn... Imagine this.

Week 3: Oregon

Week 4: @Northwestern

Week 5: Illinois

Week 7: @Oklahoma

Week 8: Purdue

Week 9: @Wisconsin

Week 10: Gophers

Week 11: @Ohio State

Week 12: Texas

Week 13: @ Iowa

Week 3: @ Oregon

Week 4: Northwestern

Week 5: @Illinois

Week 7: Oklahoma

Week 8: @Purdue

Week 9: Wisconsin

Week 10: @ Minnesota

Week 11: Ohio State

Week 12: @ Texas

Week 13: Iowa

Wow what a schedule that would be.

That *would* be an improvement. Though I dare say that Oklahoma would be moved to Week 13, as I think Week 7 or so may run them afoul of their annual Cotton Bowl tilt with Texass.

Let's be honest here. The Big 12 North coupled with Solich's staff not taking things seriously enough made our program soft AF. That opinion pisses people off but it's true.

If we want to be able to win a division that had OU, Texas, Wisconsin and Iowa in it we have to get better. First we need to be able to win a freaking division that only has Iowa and Wisconsin in the way of it. I mean, the 2010 Big 12 North was just a smidge easier than the 2016 Big Ten West.

Increasing competition helps make you better. But keeping the road manageable is important too. I stand by my wish of moving Purdue east then adding OU and KU. UT can pound sand over at the PAC for all I care.

NU needs OU at least and UT would just be kudos.

I've always kind of held the opinion that kids/recruits want to play in high profile games. Well, in the big10 west you don't get that. It's why the SEC has seen upticks in recruiting. Aside from $$$.

I do think when you have marquee matchups and rivalries it helps recruiting. Oklahoma and Texas every year would be MASSIVE for NU recruiting in my opinion, but I'm no expert that's for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Hearing more talks have happened to bring OU and UT into the Big Ten, take with many grains of salt though...

Link?
Mentioned on Shaggy, word was coming from OrangeBloods and I don't think they are very reputable.
heard it mentioned on LT as well