Mavric

Nebraska High School Players - Class of 2019

On 5/18/2017 at 10:37 AM, Mavric said:

6'3" and 328 lbs coming out of high school????  Is this height/weight legit????

If it is, holy crap Nebraska needs to offer this is kid.  This kid is a proto-typical, NFL sized, run-stuffing, nose-tackle/0 technique that a 3-4 defense needs.

I mean unless he has zero lateral speed and "runs" like he's wearing cement blocks on his feet then yeah maybe not sign him, but damn...that type of size is impossible to ignore.

Edit...Wait.  The screen shot says 6'3" 328 and the tweet says 6'4" 280...so which is it???

Regardless, I think this is a kid that needs to be signed by Frost*.

* Assumimg he has the talent to play at Nebraska.

Edited by Making Chimichangas

On 5/24/2017 at 7:20 AM, Warrior10 said:

Just to be clear:

Everyone would be fine with offering this kid this early and potentially securing a commitment with the possibility that we might have to turn down a higher rated player a year from now?

Just to be clear:

You're assumimg the "higher rated player" will 1) automatically be better and more productive, and 2) won't be a bust.  

3 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Just to be clear:

You're assumimg the "higher rated player" will 1) automatically be better and more productive, and 2) won't be a bust.  

I believe, at the time, it was a tongue in cheek comment about us taking Maspry and turning down Avery. Which ended up a "whoof" all around.

To be honest it was so long ago I can't be for sure, but I believe that was my intent. 

Edited by Warrior10

On 2/1/2018 at 9:28 PM, In the Deed the Glory said:

Nick Henrich and Chris Hickman moved up BIG TIME in the Top 247.

Nick #69 in country and #4 ILB

Chris #115 in country and #3 TE

Where do we stand with these two? I would think Frost and Co are making them a priority??

I have read comments where some dad was wishing they would go elsewhere because Frost did not offer his son...seemed to have an axe to grind!

On 2/25/2018 at 7:16 PM, Warrior10 said:

I believe, at the time, it was a tongue in cheek comment about us taking Maspry and turning down Avery. Which ended up a "whoof" all around.

To be honest it was so long ago I can't be for sure, but I believe that was my intent. 

Need a winky, smiley, or some other type of emoji to convey that.  Honestly, when it comes to recruiting there are people who take star rankings very seriously and I wasn't sure if you're one of them.  #ItsAllGood

18 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Need a winky, smiley, or some other type of emoji to convey that.  Honestly, when it comes to recruiting there are people who take star rankings very seriously and I wasn't sure if you're one of them.  #ItsAllGood

I think they are a portion of the equation. Not the star necessarily the stars but the evaluation they represent has merit. 

On 5/20/2018 at 2:44 PM, Mavric said:

If we offered Snodgrass I see no reason this kid shouldn't get one, but then again it was the last staff that offered him

39 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

If we offered Snodgrass I see no reason this kid shouldn't get one, but then again it was the last staff that offered him

I know nothing about this kid so I'm not insinuating anything, but recruiting is about more than camp performance or even game performance.  He may be a great fit, but he might not be either. There are plenty of factors to look into.

54 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I am intrigued by this recruit, mainly because I know nothing about him. However, I would not be offering a Lb'er based solely off 1 non-contact camp. 

16 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I know nothing about this kid so I'm not insinuating anything, but recruiting is about more than camp performance or even game performance.  He may be a great fit, but he might not be either. There are plenty of factors to look into.

I was basing it more off of a lot of people thought Snodgrass was more of a preferred walk-on candidate when Riley and Co. offered 

Snodgrass is probably one of the very best pure athletes in this state.   He is definitely worth the offer IMO. 

I think every in-state kid we have offered so far is worthy of one.   The next couple years will be good for in-state kids.

2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I was basing it more off of a lot of people thought Snodgrass was more of a preferred walk-on candidate when Riley and Co. offered 

I'm not sure who you are referring to as "a lot of people", I think some were surprised he got the offer so early. However, I'd be surprised if many didn't think he was offer worthy. 

2 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

I'm not sure who you are referring to as "a lot of people", I think some were surprised he got the offer so early. However, I'd be surprised if many didn't think he was offer worthy. 

I'm guessing his chance to play is to bulk up and play ILB 

17 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I'm guessing his chance to play is to bulk up and play ILB 

Supposedly he started growing again recently. I would guess ILB also, but OLB and TE are in play. 

Not sure what a "maroon" offer is but this kid can fly.  Would love to have him as a PWO.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Not sure what a "maroon" offer is but this kid can fly.  Would love to have him as a PWO.

I think they're the ones that get stuck plugging the holes in the boat when it starts taking on water - never get to touch the oars though.

• Plus1 1

As it stands now where do you rank this year's in-store crop to the last 10?

Comes down to 2019 vs 2011 for me. 

7 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

As it stands now where do you rank this year's in-store crop to the last 10?

Comes down to 2019 vs 2011 for me. 

2011 or 2012?

2012 was Drew Ott, Sam Cottton, Dylan Utter, Ross Dzuris, Sam Foltz, Brandon Reilly, Ryker Fyfe, Andy Janovich and Trey Foster.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

2011 or 2012?

2012 was Drew Ott, Sam Cottton, Dylan Utter, Ross Dzuris, Sam Foltz, Brandon Reilly, Ryker Fyfe, Andy Janovich and Trey Foster.

Sorry Mav, I should of specified. I was looking at scholarship only recruits, which is likely unfair.