Give credit to Moos

Dagerow

On 12/3/2017 at 10:46 AM, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Hats off to Moos for being so calm in the middle of a s*&t storm here at Nebraska. He chose to lead this program in a reassuring, calm, and decisive manner and we, for once, got our #1 target for head coach here and Nebraska. We came out of this entire situation making the best coaching hire next to UCLA with Chip Kelly. Chip is a good coach, but Frost was the coach we wanted/needed here at Nebraska. There was no drama, no real leaks, what a fantastic coaching search process. I'm not afraid to admit that a tear formed in the corner of my eye when it became official. I could finally relax and know our beloved Huskers are in very great and capable hands now. Fantastic job Moos, you just possibly made yourself a legend at Nebraska if this turns out the way we all think it will.  

Watching the press conf and then the video of Frost seeing all of the guys in the weight room - brought a few tears to my eyes.  I think for our situation, the Frost hire exceeds the Kelly hiring by UCLA.  When it comes down to it, loyalty - just like Frost said.  Kelly has no loyalty other than pay check & his reputation to UCLA.  Frost has loyalty and the passion it brings.  I am excited for the future.  Moos and Frost will be a great team.  Moos was a brilliant hire - he is so "Nebraska" in his values and vision.   

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Kelly has no loyalty other than pay check & his reputation to UCLA. 

Ehh, I wouldn't go quite that far. From what he's said, he chose UCLA because he felt it was the best fit for him, even though schools like Florida and Tennessee were after him, too. Florida in particular, with their respective situations, he probably could've taken that job a month or more ago, if he wanted it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/11/27/chip-kelly-says-he-chose-ucla-because-all-opportunities-best-fit/899963001/