B10 Scheduling: Crossover Games

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

In regards to conference schedule, we have the toughest for sure. 5/6 toughest games are on the road next year 

@ Michigan
@ Wisconsin

@ Northwestern

@ Ohio State 

Michigan State 

@ Iowa

I get it but at least you are in the West. That is why I brought up Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana. Every year they have to play Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Ohio State and to win their division they basically have to beat all those teams. 

1 hour ago, jaws said:

I get it but at least you are in the West. That is why I brought up Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana. Every year they have to play Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Ohio State and to win their division they basically have to beat all those teams. 

Understand, but we are also talking about Maryland...not in the same class. Wisconsin has done more than Michigan or Penn St the last 5+ years 

1 hour ago, jaws said:

I agree here. If Nebraska had their **** together this schedule would still be manageable.

1 hour ago, jaws said:

You rather be in the East and have to play Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Ohio State as well as cross over with teams in the west? I doubt you want Maryland's schedule next year.

Just next year, maybe not every year. Although I’d like to hope we get to a point where schedules don’t scare me. 

40 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Understand, but we are also talking about Maryland...not in the same class. Wisconsin has done more than Michigan or Penn St the last 5+ years 

Great, Wisconsin has proven to be better than the 3rd and 4th best team in the East. I don't understand your argument. 

13 minutes ago, jaws said:

Great, Wisconsin has proven to be better than the 3rd and 4th best team in the East. I don't understand your argument. 

Wisconsin has been the 2nd best B10 team since we have joined. I understand the East is better, but you are talking about Maryland who wouldn't even have a shot in the West 

5 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Wisconsin has been the 2nd best B10 team since we have joined. I understand the East is better, but you are talking about Maryland who wouldn't even have a shot in the West 

Ok, let's say they are the second best team in the B1G since Nebraska joined. Everyone else in the west is basically behind Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State. Iowa has a good year every 5 or so years so Ferentz can get a nice raise. What I am saying has nothing do do with Maryland other than they have to play against these team every year no matter what. Nebraska and other teams in west don't have to play against all these teams every year and they have an easier road to the championship game. As an Ohio State fan, I am fine with the way it is, but it is funny to me when you complain about crossover games.  

2 minutes ago, jaws said:

Ok, let's say they are the second best team in the B1G since Nebraska joined. Everyone else in the west is basically behind Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State. Iowa has a good year every 5 or so years so Ferentz can get a nice raise. What I am saying has nothing do do with Maryland other than they have to play against these team every year no matter what. Nebraska and other teams in west don't have to play against all these teams every year and they have an easier road to the championship game. As an Ohio State fan, I am fine with the way it is, but it is funny to me when you complain about crossover games.  

I'd agree that the East is a tougher road. My post never complained though, specifically stated I was just curious so I looked up the info and posted. If you take away the name, NW has done as much as Michigan has since we joined as well. Michigan lost to Iowa the last 2 times and lost to Wisconsin last year. NW just won 10 games again, but no one seemed to notice. Ohio State has nothing to worry about regardless so I doubt you care. Hopefully we can get that way with Frost in the near future 

Iowa looked good last year curb stomping Nebraska....and Ohio State.  Iowa has been tough about every other year.  That is Nebraska's fault, we need to put them into their place.  Crossover games have been unfairly biased against Nebraska.  I wish we could go back to the divisions that were leaders and legends with better names.  

6 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Iowa looked good last year curb stomping Nebraska....and Ohio State.  Iowa has been tough about every other year.  That is Nebraska's fault, we need to put them into their place.  Crossover games have been unfairly biased against Nebraska.  I wish we could go back to the divisions that were leaders and legends with better names.  

I agree.  Especially the "better names" part.  Who's brilliant idea was that.  They need to be smacked into 1920.