LIV to Merge with PGA Tour

12 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

I'm so confused about this. Isn't this incredibly hypocritical by the PGA? We don't want anything to do with LIV because it's Saudi funded (a year ago), but today we're cool with it?

No, no, no.  No hypocrisy here.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Fx8hFc_aIAM2eZt?format=jpg&name=900x900

Fx8hFdeakAcBLkm?format=png&name=small

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

I'm so confused about this. Isn't this incredibly hypocritical by the PGA? We don't want anything to do with LIV because it's Saudi funded (a year ago), but today we're cool with it?

It's extremely hypocritical by the PGA Tour leadership.  The Tour must have seen the writing on the wall in recent legal proceedings, and felt they had no choice to make the agreement with LIV and the Saudi $.

Jay Monahan (PGA Tour commish) is a complete slimeball for spending the past year plus putting his star players out in front of this issue in the public, only to agree to this "merger"

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

Can someone ELI5 this for me? I know nothing about golf, the PGA, the LIV, or how any of it is related to 9/11

There has been much hang-wringing about LIV since it started and their connections to the Saudi government and their poor human rights record.  I hadn't heard the 9/11 connection before but the tweet says Saudi money was used to "fund terrorism" so they apparently feel there is a link there.  Not sure that's a direct link or just inferred.