CB Callen Barta [Kansas State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

9 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Barta commit?

• Nebraska
    • Kansas State
    • Kansas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric changed the title to S Callen Barta [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic

This makes sense to me. I was underwhelmed by his junior film but watching his sophomore tape told me that he was playing out of position as a safety. He doesn’t have that sort of instinct to come down hill from 15 yards away and he seems uncomfortable accepting an offensive player in zone coverage. He’s a good high school safety but doesn’t have the traits for success in college.

On the other hand, at corner, Barta has the hips and speed to play cornerback at the next level. He can mirror his man really well and uses his feet and body to disrupt a route putting him with the advantage. His running 4.45 and 4.5 at 6’1” 175 lbs and being named MVP at the ESPN camp at CB gives me a little more hope.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Callen Barta [Nebraska Commit]

We pretty much tell every DB they will play all over but apparently he'll start out at cornerback.

Led his team with 400 receiving yards last year.  Also had 3 INTs.

Was on their Class 5A state championship basketball team as a sophomore.  Didn't play basketball last year to focus on football training but plans to play again as a senior.

On 6/18/2023 at 5:13 PM, The_Fan_Man said:

His running 4.45 and 4.5 at 6’1” 175 lbs and being named MVP at the ESPN camp at CB gives me a little more hope.

NU had a celebrated 4 star DB recruit a few years ago who was slow as dirt.  He promptly got run off the field in HSAA practices & washed out of a directional school after his transfer from NU was excused on Covid.  I don't care where or how the staff finds them or who else wants them, recruit speed.  

• TBH 4
  • 1 month later...

Three Nebraska commits who could move up in rankings this fall

Barta was given a three-star following a strong performance at the UC Report Camp in Kansas City in April, this despite very few offers and none from FBS programs. Two months later, he was a Husker commit. He's a versatile prospect with multi-phase film and we have verified measureables on him, all of which are good elements for a potential senior move upward.

• Oh Yeah! 2
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Callen Barta [Kansas State - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic