Unpopular Food Takes

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Another one, even though I am an adult (but I do not believe in age), the only pizza to get is pepperoni. 

I like a wide range of toppings but pineapple and chicken are off limits on pizza.

My unpopular pizza take is, I prefer most pizza (typical chain pizzas anyway) cold. I’ll buy a pizza (like we had Papa Johns for supper tonight) eat 1 or 2 pieces then throw the rest in the fridge and eat it a piece at a time, anytime as a snack.  I’ll prob have a piece sometime in the middle of the night tonight.  I think this habit started in college, eating leftover Dominos that had been left out all night.

Just now, JJ Husker said:

I like a wide range of toppings but pineapple and chicken are off limits on pizza.

My unpopular pizza take is, I prefer most pizza (typical chain pizzas anyway) cold. I’ll buy a pizza (like we had Papa Johns for supper tonight) eat 1 or 2 pieces then throw the rest in the fridge and eat it a piece at a time, anytime as a snack.  I’ll prob have a piece sometime in the middle of the night tonight.  I think this habit started in college, eating leftover Dominos that had been left out all night.

Supper?  

100% chance you still live with your parents. 

Okay, also this...I will eat cold pizza (I love it) even like 4-5 days later.  (Yes, I also live with my parents)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Supper?  

100% chance you still live with your parents. 

Okay, also this...I will eat cold pizza (I love it) even like 4-5 days later.  (Yes, I also live with my parents)

Supper. Dinner. Same thing in my book. Some people argue that lunch is dinner. BS. There is breakfast, lunch and then dinner or supper.

Just now, JJ Husker said:

Supper. Dinner. Same thing in my book. Some people argue that lunch is dinner. BS. There is breakfast, lunch and then dinner or supper.

Right?  I taught out in a country school for two years and the different explanations of "supper" made my head spin. 

I used to look for the burnt potato chips as a kid. They were my favorite. I don't like that they don't put those in the bags anymore.

My favorite part of popcorn is the Old Maids, the ones only half popped.

I like my coffee so dark that it tastes like an ash tray.

My favorite cheeses are the rankest, most stinkiest of them all. Unpasteurized, open-a-window cheese. I once brought a particularly ripe cheese to dinner... and was made to take it outside and eat it alone, on the deck. It was glorious.

I like ketchup on my steak. Medium-rare ribeyes, usually. Ketchup is as good of a sauce for steak as horseradish or au jus. I'll die on this hill.

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I used to look for the burnt potato chips as a kid. They were my favorite. I don't like that they don't put those in the bags anymore.

My favorite cheeses are the rankest, most stinkiest of them all. Unpasteurized, open-a-window cheese. I once brought a particularly ripe cheese to dinner... and was made to take it outside and eat it alone, on the deck. It was glorious.

I like ketchup on my steak. Medium-rare ribeyes, usually. Ketchup is as good of a sauce for steak as horseradish or au jus. I'll die on this hill.

I can dig that.  When I was a kid I would dip my steak in ketchup and it was great.  I can't imagine that it would not still be great.  

I don't like beer with food.  Never have.

I would rather have a soft drink while I eat.

And steak fries, are horrible.  

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I’m with you on the burnt chips, coffee and strong cheeses. Old maids though, no way. I want all traces of the hull gone and nothing hard.

I’ve softened my position on ketchup on steak. Not because I would ever think it was needed, god no, but because I think it probably tastes okay. I still maintain a good cut of steak properly prepared doesn’t require any sauce to improve it. Although horseradish and/or au jus are staples with prime rib. Next time I grill a steak I’m going to try a couple bites with ketchup just so I know I haven’t completely missed the boat.

• Plus1 1

Here’s one that freaks out some people. Apple pie filling with cheddar cheese or cheese on apple pie. Growing up there was a Taco Del Sol restaurant in Columbus, I believe it is The Matador now.  Basically Americanized Mexican food. They had a dessert called Apple Tarta. It was just apple pie filling and loads of cheddar cheese in a flour tortilla, with a little more cheese on top and then microwaved. So good. Still will make one of those every once in awhile…..and have an IPA with it @teachercd

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Here’s one that freaks out some people. Apple pie filling with cheddar cheese or cheese on apple pie. Growing up there was a Taco Del Sol restaurant in Columbus, I believe it is The Matador now.  Basically Americanized Mexican food. They had a dessert called Apple Tarta. It was just apple pie filling and loads of cheddar cheese in a flour tortilla, with a little more cheese on top and then microwaved. So good. Still will make one of those every once in awhile…..and have an IPA with it @teachercd

IPA's are GROSS

BUT...as a kid I would each cheese and apples all the time!  I think it is/was a eastern European thing??  But I loved it so I could see where your applie pie and cheese dish would be good!